website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Tomorrow the big clash :NED - :ITA . Dutch teams (and especially waterpolo teams) usually lose when it comes to Olympic qualification. Hopefully tomorrow will be time for the turnaround!

Followed by :AUS - :ESP . Could be a very interesting match. I eventually put my money on Spain.

4 minutes ago, CCB said:

Tomorrow the big clash :NED - :ITA . Dutch teams (and especially waterpolo teams) usually lose when it comes to Olympic qualification. Hopefully tomorrow will be time for the turnaround!

Followed by :AUS - :ESP . Could be a very interesting match. I eventually put my money on Spain.

hopefully not! we've already experienced too many disappointing losses today! :p

Italy might as well win the entire competition at this point, but for now I am assuming that their miracle wasn't something that they can repeat, and :NED + :ESP will take the quotas. If we ignore the giant Italian upset, this would be logical conclusion if you remove the US and Hungary from the table. I mean, apart from that one huge upset literally everything went down the most predictable way so far. But Italy did beat the Dutch at the Euros 3rd place match last year, so who knows...

And now :AUS will literally play for the :NZL quota. I mean, they are also playing to reach the WCh final, but in terms of the Olympic qualification this will determine that whether we get one more European team or Canada in Paris, or New Zealand. Nothing against New Zealand, but their qualification would be kinda terrible. Canada at the very least is capable of beating a top European team on their best day. New Zealand would be a punching bag in Paris.