website statistics

Boxing

On 3/26/2024 at 1:56 AM, Josh said:

I emailed Boxing Canada, Cavanaugh has retired already at only 23 years old.

Not exactly confirmed, but I believe Barriere is switching back to pro boxing, I see Instagram stories of him training still. 

Just took a look at Cavanaugh’s instagram post, the reason for her retirement was because in recent months it had become obvious to her that she didn’t like/had a lack of motivation for boxing. 

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Just took a look at Cavanaugh’s instagram post, the reason for her retirement was because in recent months it had become obvious to her that she didn’t like/had a lack of motivation for boxing. 

She realized the widespread corruption and match fixing in boxing haha

• 4 weeks later...

Tammara Thibeault with an excellent 5-0 win over Li Qian at the World Boxing Cup in Pueblo, Colorado, United States! Qian is a Rio 2016 bronze medalist, and a Tokyo 2020 silver medalist. She also won bronze at the 2023 World Championships, and gold at the 2022 Asian Games. 

Gold and silver for Tammara Thibeault and Scarlett Delgado at the Pueblo World Boxing Cup! Thibeault starting to establish herself as an Olympic gold medal contender, winning all of her matches 5-0 and she was facing some quality opponents well.