website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2022

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:DEN Kevin Magnussen takes a shock pole position at Interlagos after a rain after red flag means nobody can improve times in Q3. It's only pole for the sprint race so it will be hard for Magnussen to even be Top 10 for the Grand Prix itself but in the record books this is an official pole position. It's the first for a Danish driver in F1 and the first for Haas team (Mick Schumacher promptly finished last in Q1 so he can truly leave the series here).

The advantage of having had a shitty season last year, meaning Haas was all the way at the back of the pit lane, so Magnussen could be the first one at the pit exit in Q3, and so be the first one to have a lap time while meters behind him the rain was falling more and more and so everyone else had a tad more rain to contend with than Magnussen did seconds earlier :d 

Wonderful piece of luck and grabbing one's very rare chance!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Interlagos is aways fun thanks to brazilian wet summer 

Well, the race used to be held in March and the only rainy Interlagos GP I remember were in 1993 and 2003, the latter of which prompted a change to October/November date (and also leave a spot for Bahrain GP ;) ).

That was a fantastically fun sprint race :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Well, the race used to be held in March and the only rainy Interlagos GP I remember were in 1993 and 2003, the latter of which prompted a change to October/November date (and also leave a spot for Bahrain GP ;) ).

Not remembering 2016, ouch.

I do remember 2003, although I was quite young. I think that was the one where one after the other went off, giving Jos Verstappen a rare chance for a great result, until he ended up in the gravel in turn one? :p 

Edited by heywoodu

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not remembering 2016, ouch.

I do remember 2003, although I was quite young. I think that was the one where one after the other went off, giving Jos Verstappen a rare chance for a great result, until he ended up in the gravel in turn one? :p 

I literally remember better things that happened 20 years ago than 5 years ago. I literally don't remember much from the Mercedes hybrid dominance era. It's completely blurred from my memory. I can't even tell the exact number of wins Hamilton has. I can tell you the 1993 race, Andretti & Berger startline crash, Katayama & Suzuki causing a FCY and Prost spinning off in sympathy. But I sure can't tell anything from 2016 race, least of all if it was raining :lol:

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I literally remember better things that happened 20 years ago than 5 years ago. I literally don't remember much from the Mercedes hybrid dominance era. It's completely blurred from my memory. I can't even tell the exact number of wins Hamilton has. I can tell you the 1993 race, Andretti & Berger startline crash, Katayama & Suzuki causing a FCY and Prost spinning off in sympathy. But I sure can't tell anything from 2016 race, least of all if it was raining :lol:

Since Verstappen showed the world one of the most epic comeback races of the last 20 years in the pouring rain (and long before he was as dominant as he is now), leading to people singing 'Senna, Senna!' by the thousands when he stepped onto the podium, I find it rather easy to remember that specific one :d 

Not without reason that's one of the three 'Minichamps' models I have at home :p 

Edited by heywoodu