website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

3 godziny temu, Monzanator napisał:

As it turns out :POLRafal Augustyn had to walk extra 2km lap because the officials fucked up his lap count. His final result was classified without the unneccessary lap though (13th). Artur Brzozowski who finished 22nd had the last lap bell ring twice and flat out refused to continue. After a delay the officials checked their sheets and agreed he has actually finished the race.

This is a complete disaster of World Championships. I know race walking is stuck at the very bottom of the charts but this is pure amateur crap. I hope IAAF enjoys the money Qatar paid to host this shit show. I just can't wait for the World Cup boredom in 2022. Money can't buy you class.

Walking refereeing was one big drama. Sometimes I wondered if these judges knew their job.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Many things, but eating half a cow wasn't among them ...

It is really sad to see people like her doing well in "sports", you just have to hope that no kids will take people like her or Stahl as a role model. I think it would be a smart move by IAAF to get rid of all throwing events. When morbidly obese people can be competitive, than those events can't be considered sports anymore and it would be really dangerous if kids would start to think that you as an individual can eat as much as a small city and still be an "athlete". Athletes should inspire people to start sports and get healthier and not to start eating as much as you can and to get yourself into a grave as fast as possible.

if your idea of "healthy" is being as skinny (anorexic/bulimic in some cases) as long distance runners/road cyclists and any other endurance sport or stuffed with steroids/artificial hormons and other devilish medicines like sprinters or weightlifters or any other sport that requires a bit of power and strenght...:whistle:

well, I take as a better role model those "morbidly obese" people all of my life...

p.s. you look at the half empty glass (and being racist, because this is a form of racism as well)...just change for a while your perspective...think about how much they can do for all those people who are heavily depressed and unhappy because they are discriminated just for their size/aspect...

kids should learn education and respect, not only "healthy" habits when it comes lunch/dinner time...

Just now, TomJa said:

Walking refereeing was one big drama. Sometimes I wondered if these judges knew their job.

they know it very well...it's only that they use political criteria to manage their job (like in boxing)...

you're never gonna see some Damilano family protected to be DSQ, for instance (and at the moment, Damilano family protected means Chinese)...

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

they know it very well...it's only that they use political criteria to manage their job (like in boxing)...

you're never gonna see some Damilano family protected to be DSQ, for instance (and at the moment, Damilano family protected means Chinese)...

I'm not an expert when it comes to assessing the technique, but they are the case in which even and equal ones get red cards.

35 minutes ago, phelps said:

if your idea of "healthy" is being as skinny (anorexic/bulimic in some cases) as long distance runners/road cyclists and any other endurance sport or stuffed with steroids/artificial hormons and other devilish medicines like sprinters or weightlifters or any other sport that requires a bit of power and strenght...:whistle:

well, I take as a better role model those "morbidly obese" people all of my life...

p.s. you look at the half empty glass (and being racist, because this is a form of racism as well)...just change for a while your perspective...think about how much they can do for all those people who are heavily depressed and unhappy because they are discriminated just for their size/aspect...

kids should learn education and respect, not only "healthy" habits when it comes lunch/dinner time...

I agree.

This modern idea that skinny = healthy has really done damage to so many lives in our society.  I've lived in East Asia where the majority of people are very skinny.  And if you ask many of them to help you move a 20 lbs desk they'll faint from exhaustion.  Not to mention the mental health damage they endure from endless ridicule if they eat more than 3 bites at dinner.  There are healthy and unhealthy people of all sizes.  I'm always amazed at the concern some people suddenly have for the health of strangers, especially women.  But let's be real here, it has nothing to do with health and everything to do with hate, discrimination and selfishness.  If it were about health, these people would care equally about steroid abuse, smoking, drinking and mental well-being (and thus wouldn't be so mean to strangers).  

Not that it should matter, but she lost 50 lbs over the last year.  Again, if people actually cared about her health they would know that and be celebrating her progress rather than attacking her.  But as I said, the hatred has nothing to do with concern for her health.  

In any event, DeAnna Price was on the American softball team, played 4 sports at the elite level in college and just won a gold at the highest level.  Meanwhile some troll on the internet who probably struggles to scratch his own ass is trying to attack her because she doesn't fit his fantasy of the perfect woman.  Who is the winner and who is the loser in this situation?  

1 hour ago, phelps said:

+1 for everything you said apart from pulling racism into everything :p 

I wonder how healthy the life of a top sprinter is, for example. Apart from possibly using steroids and stuff that is. A top sprinter can't even run two kilometers, come on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Divine Oduduru and Blessing Okagbare will be given a spot at the starting line for the 200 meters at the world championships.

Okagbare tells The Associated Press that track’s governing body, the IAAF, has approved the appeal from the two Nigerians and reinstated them into the meet after a paperwork mix-up led to them being disqualified.

Nigeria’s track federation had entered both runners in the 100-meter races, even though neither intended to compete at that distance. When they didn’t show up, IAAF rules called for them to be disqualified from the rest of the meet, including their main events, the 200, and the 4x100 relays.

But after learning more about the mix-up, an IAAF appeals panel reinstated them.

Oduduru, the NCAA champion out of Texas Tech, is scheduled to race later Sunday. Okagbare is the 2013 bronze medalist at 200 meters, and is scheduled to race in preliminaries on Monday.

https://www.apnews.com/6c5c2ec6321b439cb2e5895782570b8e

Just now, intoronto said:

Happy for Dunfee, but tbh what are the odds he does this in Tokyo?

Not 100%, but definitely not tiny. Tokyo is going to be pretty much as hard and clearly he can cope with these conditions very well. Besides, this is already the second time he's shown to be capable of big things at the biggest stages.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!