website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

Celebrations of Djokovic because he "stands by his own opinion" are so dumb...on the contrary, if he stood by his opinion he would have simply said: I'm not getting the vaccine because I think it's bullshit and not entering any place and tournament if they require it. Instead he's a huge hypocrite and made up claims of medical exemptions to get more money and records. And if he campaigned for other people to get vaccinated while thinking vaccines are dangerous it's even worse.

Also laughable the fact that after all this time people are still using the "in DR Congo with no vaccines people are not dying on the streets" argument...by a quick Google search in DR Congo: 46% of population is under 15, median age is 19, child mortality rate 7-10%, only a few people are over 50...not a surprise that in countries where nearly all the a bit frail and a bit old people are already dead there won't be many dying of covid on the streets, vaccine or not vaccine.

I think it was his own mistake. Without announcing everything  one day before traveling in social media, no one would have noticed or cared about the whole situation. the whole situation is somehow a bit unfortunate, but I have to say I am rather supportive of the Australian government. 

he got an exemption by the AUSOpen organizers, that has nothing to do with border policy, they still can deny his entry. I mean Australia was/is not making it easy for their own citizens to enter the country if they are not fully vaccinated. So why it should be easy for Djokovic. 

Of course there are comments about others who entered without problems, maybe, we don't know yet. But also maybe their medical exemption was a better story. Honestly I don't believe this medical exemption story anyway. There are too many unknowns in the whole story, that it makes difficult to have a proper opinion. Lets see what happens.

I think now it would be even better for him if they don't let him enter. It would be hell for him to play there right now. 

But what I dislike is that this whole shit is now being used by antivaxxers and all this freaks,....

And I am shocked how many of them we have here :lol:

Oh boy, another thread turning into a antivaxxer vs vaccinated thread :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I wonder if Djokovic got his visa rejected because it was established that his medical exemption was, in fact, invalid?

We can only guess at this point. As far as I know, no official reason for his rejection has been revealed yet.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I wonder if Djokovic got his visa rejected because it was established that his medical exemption was, in fact, invalid?

We can only guess at this point. As far as I know, no official reason for his rejection has been revealed yet.

As I read, two independent commissions, without knowing the name of the applicant, granted him exemption.

2 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

As I read, two independent commissions, without knowing the name of the applicant, granted him exemption.

How they can not know the name of the person they are examining, if they investigate his medical records, isn't there a name on the document ? then it can be also for example mine medical document they examinated :p I heard a lot of BS in my life, but that one from the ozzies medical investigating comissions is one of the Tops of the list :lol:

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

How they can not know the name of the person they are examining, if they investigate his medical records, isn't there a name on the document ? then it can be also for example mine medical document they examinated :p I heard a lot of BS in my life, but that one from the ozzies medical investigating comissions is one of the Tops of the list :lol:

I don't find that weird. For them, name of the applicant is completely unimportant if the medical records are there. They make judgement based on those...I hope.

7 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

I don't find that weird. For them, name of the applicant is completely unimportant if the medical records are there. They make judgement based on those...I hope.

Yes, but if there several documents they have to examine, how they can be so sure they belong to the same person if there not a name on them, this is just absurd when you thinnk about it.

Obvioulsy I am not a doctor so I may be wrong, it just seems illogical for me. :d

Come on guys, lets be realistic. AO organizers wanted Novak to play. So, they gave him a medical exemption. Australian officials had no problem, so they gave him a visa. There was public outcry over this exemption, so politicians do what they always do: backtrack to save their ass. All this talk of procedures is simply for public consumption and to give themselves reasonable defense in case of any legal action. 

26 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

The approval happened via the Australian tennis federation, which is certainly something to be noted.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire as well. I find it difficult to believe that the very best player in the world just happens to also be one of the 'handful' to have a valid medical exemption, especially knowing his stance on health issues. This is just my two cents though. :p

#banbestmen