website statistics

Football 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 7:02 PM, hckošice said:

:KAZ beat Moldova on penalties in the League of Nations "C" Playout and thus will be the 4th team in our group..

That group look really like around the :URS in 80 days... well more like 4 matches (including 2 in the almost other half of the globe) in 10 days !!!

:SVK vs :BLR :AZE :KAZ

3. june 2022 - 20.45: Slovakia - Belarus

6. june 2022 - 20.45: Slovakia - Kazakhstan

10. june 2022 - 18.00: Azerbaijan - Slovakia

13. june 2022 - 16.00: Kazakhstan - Slovakia

22. september 2022 - 20.45: Slovakia - Azerbaijan

25. september 2022 - 18.00: Belarus - Slovakia (already confirmed by UEFA that the match ,if will not be later cancelled, will be certainly played on neutral place)

Slight change in the schedule, :BLR will have to play its "Home" matches first, so the opening game will not be SVK-BLR but Belarus - Slovakia.

UEFA also decided the match will be played in Novi Sad, Serbia. But still without spectators, since Belarus will be assigned as home team.

Updated Schedule

3. june 2022 - 20.45: Belarus - Slovakia   *in Novi Sad, Serbia and without spectators

6. june 2022 - 20.45: Slovakia - Kazakhstan

10. june 2022 - 18.00: Azerbaijan - Slovakia

13. june 2022 - 16.00: Kazakhstan - Slovakia

22. september 2022 - 20.45: Slovakia - Azerbaijan

25. september 2022 - 18.00: Slovakia - Belarus

New Champions League format officially a go from 2024.

https://theathletic.com/news/champions-league-format/UQdwWgNKMXhb/

Group stage expands from 32 to 36 teams, which will play 8 matches (4 home, 4 away) with random teams. Standings will be in one giant league format with the top 8 qualifying directly to the 1/8, while the next 16 will play in the 1/16 stage. 

The format could be passable, will see how it goes, what i don't like is that from the 4 additional spots, only 1 is handed to a non-top 5 country.. But that was to be expected, as UEFA wants the status quo to remain and big clubs (leagues) to play only against each other. 

Today was the final of the Bulgarian Cup and a very symbolic final, which will stay for the books. After 17 years, we had the Eternal derby Levski - CSKA in a deciding match for a trophy. And even more special and long awaited was the victory for Levski Sofia, which won a trophy for the first time, since 2009 !! 13 long and painful years filled with lost Championships in the last matchday, 3 lost Cup finals (2 with penalties, 1 with goals in the last minutes). There has never been another period in the clubs 107 year history without a trophy like this one. 13 years... a whole generation grew up without seeing Levski win anything. Heck i was still in high school in 2009...

And this came after maybe the 3 toughest years in the clubs history, when it lost it's owner and was on the verge on bankruptcy. But the fans, the normal people didn't let it happen and did something unheard of for our country (i would say even region). They gathered and continue to give millions and millions to pay the debts, to pay the staff and players (the ones who stayed, the ones who agreed to lower their salaries), to not let the club die. And they got the perfect ignition to rise the team with the return of legendary coach-director duo of Stanimir Stoilov and Nasko Sirakov. The duo, who made the last Levski dream team from 2005-2009, which reached the UEFA Cup 1/4 and played in the Champions League group stage. I couldn't dare dream, that we could see phase 2 of those moments. I am just going to salvage today for now. Левски е вечен!

EDIT: My 5000 comment, just the perfect timing and moment.

rsz_2.jpg

0.jpg

Other Pics:

Spoiler

rsz_31.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Today Libya complains against Gassama , he refused  2 penalties :lol: in the 

CAF Confederation Cup semi-final

https://www.fourals.com/2022/05/15/after-farewell-to-the-confederation-the-people-of-tripoli-accused-jassama-a-traitor-to-the-secretariat-we-tried-to-replace-him-because-of-his-bad-reputation/