website statistics

Football 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

I mean you can't blame Guardiola for pure results. 29 wins in 38 games is as good as it gets in the modern days. They finished 19 points ahead of Chelsea and 22  points ahead of Tottenham. The only problem was Liverpool was able to stay within a one-match distance until the last week.

I somehow missed the info, since I am like 24/7 in hockey right now, but Marek Hamšík (arguably considered as one of the best ever slovak player, if not the best alongside of the likes of Moravčík or RIP Dubovský) announced his NT retirement...

That means sadly pretty sure a long period of not qualifying anywhere to come, but the day had to arrive soon or later.

Thank you #17 Marek for everything, your football IQ and your mohawk will stay forever in our history books as our true legend.

• 2 weeks later...

Woooow

Sepp Blatter (former FIFA President) and Michel Platini (former UEFA President) will be tried from June 8 to 22 for "suspicions of fraud, breach of trust, unfair management and forgery in titles" . Najwa El Haité, one of the lawyers for the former number 10 of the Blues, insists in After Foot that her client is "innocent". She also explains why Platini filed a complaint against current FIFA President Gianni Infantino for "influence peddling".

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/amp/replay-emissions/after-foot/fifa-pourquoi-platini-a-porte-plainte-contre-infantino_VN-202206030208.html