website statistics

Football 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

:SVK U18 NT coach just called for the upcomming friendly games against Hungary a certain Casey Shann from Brighton :mumble:

Born in London where he is still living, Father from :JAM Mother from :SVK. He could choose any of ENG, JAM or SVK to play for and decided for Slovakia.

We already have one :FRA / :SVK  and one :AFG / :SVK player in this category :p

• 2 weeks later...

A :SVK small village amateur club playing in our 5th division was apparently invited by :QAT national team to play a match in Austria :roflmao:

First I heard about it a while ago and I was sure it is some dumb April fool joke or something like that so I did not pay attention to that anymore. But now I just read the game was really played today and Qatar won against a bunch of factory workers playing football on sundays afternoons for a pint of beer and goulash 2-0 :lol:

Seriously, I want to meet the :QAT football federation technical manager and just ask how he came to an idea to organize an international pre-world cup friendly test match against a Slovak 5th division small village team :lol:

https://english.news.cn/20220818/d147fd4c58684d9196a8329042d18dba/c.html

and it is official. The :SVK bus has finally after three months searching his new parking lot officer.

The 53 years old :ITA Francesco Calzona agreed to sign the deal (poor guy does not know what he is doing :whistle:) and will coach Slovak National Team until 31st December 2023 (in case of God´s complete grace in the form of progress to the EURO 2024, the contract will be automatically extended for the Championships)...

On 8/27/2022 at 4:03 PM, hckošice said:

A :SVK small village amateur club playing in our 5th division was apparently invited by :QAT national team to play a match in Austria :roflmao:

First I heard about it a while ago and I was sure it is some dumb April fool joke or something like that so I did not pay attention to that anymore. But now I just read the game was really played today and Qatar won against a bunch of factory workers playing football on sundays afternoons for a pint of beer and goulash 2-0 :lol:

Seriously, I want to meet the :QAT football federation technical manager and just ask how he came to an idea to organize an international pre-world cup friendly test match against a Slovak 5th division small village team :lol:

https://english.news.cn/20220818/d147fd4c58684d9196a8329042d18dba/c.html

It was said that one village club had to refuse as it was organizing its annual village festival

I would be so pissed to miss the chance to play against a World Cup team (even if it's only Qatar) because of some lame festival in my tiny village :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would be so pissed to miss the chance to play against a World Cup team (even if it's only Qatar) because of some lame festival in my tiny village :lol: 

and apparently Domaniža was the third choice after Hrubý Šúr refused the invitation because of local village festival what is just a couple of hours of weird traditional dance folklor groups and guys spending the most of the time in the beer stands  :roflmao: the other club for some reason did not answer the phone, so the manager called Domaniža :lol:

Imagine the population of the entire village traveled by ordered buses to Vienna for this match. it was the main topic of the day in our media. The mayor of the village who is also the Club leader proposed to his players, if they do not lose by more than 4 goals everyone of them will receive a beer crate, so no wonder it ended 2-0 :lol:

The celebrations after the match were enormous like winning the champions league

301887901_5747791515255794_7891373789084

katar.jpg.webp

301785394_5747736928594586_7524063413901

On 8/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, hckošice said:

and it is official. The :SVK bus has finally after three months searching his new parking lot officer.

The 53 years old :ITA Francesco Calzona agreed to sign the deal (poor guy does not know what he is doing :whistle:) and will coach Slovak National Team until 31st December 2023 (in case of God´s complete grace in the form of progress to the EURO 2024, the contract will be automatically extended for the Championships)...

So here he is.

Francesco Calzona

The new NT coach. Apparently he does speak only Italian :p He never was head coach before, only worked as coach assistant in Italian clubs (especially Napoli), So why not go with him, right ? like we say here bez risku nie zisk (something like: no pain no gain in slovak formulation : There no gain (zisk) without risk)

He was officially presented today at the Press Conference. He will bring with him a full Italian team staff

Head Coach: Francesco Calzona

Assistant: Gianluca Segarelli

Fitness Trainer: Alessandro Bulfoni

GK Coach: Matúš Kozáčik

Video: Marco Brini

Technical Manager: Giovanni Paolo de Matteis

x3OktkpTURBXy9lZTg0YjE2ZjM4ZThhNDRiOTNkZ

His debut will be 22 September at home vs :AZE and 3 days later in :SRB neutral place for the home game against :BLR , both last matches in C Division of the unsuccessful League of Nations.

His goal is clear, qualify for the Euro 2024... well, let all heavens forces help him .. looking forward to see that :p

• 2 weeks later...

Poland NT was linked to Gianni di Biasi after the 2018 World Cup fiasco, kinda wish he was chosen over Jerzy Brzęczek given how often we played Italy in the Nations League soon afterwards :p

Anyway, :POL will play  :CHI in a friendly match in Warsaw on November 16th. Let's see if this helps us vs Messi & co.