website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Congrats Egypt

very good game and hope they will finally take a medal 

we were really bad, defense was a joke and well the rest was not much better. 
1/4 final is impossible now and qualification for Paris will be very difficult if not impossible. 

is my understanding correct if France and Egypt (I guess they will be Africa champ) and next European Champ are in the 1/4 finals, which is a very likely scenario, place 9 and 10 at WCH will guarantee a place in qualification for Paris. But how they will define who is in place 9 and 10? 

easy work for Egypt just as expected with all due respect to Croatia they r a great team 

funny though how most people dismissed egypt chances just for the absence of one player (yahya khaled)

his replacement mohsen ramadan scored 6 goal i think and mohab saeed scored a goal 

if egypt can keep this form nobody can stop them other than the usual 3 france denmark and spain 

4 minutes ago, soliwolf said:

easy work for Egypt just as expected with all due respect to Croatia they r a great team 

funny though how most people dismissed egypt chances just for the absence of one player (yahya khaled)

his replacement mohsen ramadan scored 6 goal i think and mohab saeed scored a goal 

if egypt can keep this form nobody can stop them other than the usual 3 france denmark and spain 

You're certainly forgetting Sweden and Norway

12 minutes ago, Agger said:

You're certainly forgetting Sweden and Norway

Believe me i'm not 

i just think that Sweden ,Norway , Island and Germany r all in the same level which is very good and all of them in a good day can beat Egypt but it should be considered an upset, just like if Egypt won one of the top 3 i mentioned. 

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Congrats Egypt

very good game and hope they will finally take a medal 

we were really bad, defense was a joke and well the rest was not much better. 
1/4 final is impossible now and qualification for Paris will be very difficult if not impossible. 

is my understanding correct if France and Egypt (I guess they will be Africa champ) and next European Champ are in the 1/4 finals, which is a very likely scenario, place 9 and 10 at WCH will guarantee a place in qualification for Paris. But how they will define who is in place 9 and 10? 

best 3rd placed teams in main round groups. based on points, GD etc.

59 minutes ago, soliwolf said:

Believe me i'm not 

i just think that Sweden ,Norway , Island and Germany r all in the same level which is very good and all of them in a good day can beat Egypt but it should be considered an upset, just like if Egypt won one of the top 3 i mentioned. 

Fair enough. Would just say that quite a lot of experts have Sweden among the main contenders, at least in front of Spain and close to or above France as the main challenger to Denmark (have you seen what a beast Jim Gottfridsson have been lately?). Egypt shouldn't be underestimated but at least Sweden are in front of them by quite a bit. Norway as well if they manage to pull things together.

3 hours ago, rybak said:

:USA beating :MAR is sort of upset, isn't it? :mumble:

Also I didn't expected and didn't predicted too that Egypt might win over Croatia.

It’s actually the first game our team has ever won at the world championships (assuming the tweet below is correct.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela