website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, opruh said:

Expected, this is 2022, not 2008 anymore. An international multisport event is not enough nowadays to impress the Chinese people.

Ohoh, that's pretty harsh ...... Dont wanna defend or praise anyone. But you cannot judge 1,4 billion people as 1.......  What I was trying to say is that my feeling is that people who are in the audience do not care much about the Games or the certain sport. Only "invited" ppl can attend. There are millions of chinese ppl who would love to attend and cheer either for chinese or their favourites from other countries. Believe me..... Btw.... If similar scenario happened in another country, I guess it would not be much of a difference...... Real fans and sport lovers or athlete lovers are irreplacable by some "rich ppl with good contacts" 

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

How are ties broken, there's a chance we may see one between Italy and Canada/Georgia

more better places I think. The one with most 1st places and so on..at least it is what I heard in Sochi if I remember correctly

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

more better places I think. The one with most 1st places and so on..at least it is what I heard in Sochi if I remember correctly

In that case Italy holds the tie breaker over both nations. We could enter an awkward situation where Canada and Georgia are completely tied. If Georgia gets 5th and Canada 6th (and Italy finishes 9th or 10th). Not completely impossible to happen...

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Keegan Messing has been cleared to compete, and was the only Canadian in Covid 19 protocols 

Excellent news.  Too bad he wasn't cleared earlier.  Roman Sadovsky did his best, but unfortunately not enough for putting us in a better position.

7 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Ohoh, that's pretty harsh ...... Dont wanna defend or praise anyone. But you cannot judge 1,4 billion people as 1.......  What I was trying to say is that my feeling is that people who are in the audience do not care much about the Games or the certain sport. Only "invited" ppl can attend. There are millions of chinese ppl who would love to attend and cheer either for chinese or their favourites from other countries. Believe me..... Btw.... If similar scenario happened in another country, I guess it would not be much of a difference...... Real fans and sport lovers or athlete lovers are irreplacable by some "rich ppl with good contacts" 

Same thing happens in the US every year at the Super Bowl - seats for "real" fans are extremely limited because of all the VIPs, which leads to relatively dead crowd compared to regular season NFL games. And that's not because Americans don't care about the Super Bowl...

My highlight of the Olympics so far were Hubbell/Donohue skating to Janet Jackson, followed by Guignard/Fabri skating to Michael Jackson.

Who would have thought? :d I was even disappointed going into the event as Chock/Bates were lacking from the start list and I love their rhythm dance this season.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

The Eurosport commentators basically said the judging was rigged in favour of the Chinese. 

Funny because the Chinese judge ranked the Russian pair ahead of the gold-medal favorite Chinese pair! 

It's actually the American judge who scored the Chinese ahead of thr Russians.