website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

It's unfortunate that we always have to question an unexpected good result from Russian athletes, but they (and the IOC along with other governing bodies) have done it to themselves.  

I'm pretty sure this is maybe a topic in USA, Canada & Great Britain but most of the world has moved on already. There is zero chance every Russian athlete uses doping anyway but some nations can't decide which is the bigger evil China or Russia. Some people really need that Cold War scenario again but it's not coming back. EU & USA doing absolutely nothing when Russia annexed Crimea only proves that point.

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:ROC and :USA putting down the two fastest men's team pursuit times ever in the SF O.o

In the Olympics, I assume? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think it was them who started that two years ago or so, after all :p 

Ya, that's why he called it that (it wasn't because :NOR happened to be using it in the first SF :P )

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In the Olympics, I assume? :p

That is what I *meant* to write but not what I did write.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm pretty sure this is maybe a topic in USA, Canada & Great Britain but most of the world has moved on already. There is zero chance every Russian athlete uses doping anyway but some nations can't decide which is the bigger evil China or Russia. Some people really need that Cold War scenario again but it's not coming back. EU & USA doing absolutely nothing when Russia annexed Crimea only proves that point.

Well, I live in China and am surrounded by a dozen or so nationalities of all kinds.  Our chat group's biggest meme is Russian dopers at the Olympics.  

2 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Well, I live in China and am surrounded by a dozen or so nationalities of all kinds.  Our chat group's biggest meme is Russian dopers at the Olympics.  

Yeah, welcome to 21st century, having a best meme about Russians ain't gonna be good enough to stop them :p