website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:CHN:JPN:KOR not participating in Mixed Doubles Olympic Qualifier. These 3 get ranking quota.

:TPE may follow soon as they are yet to confirm their place.

These 4 teams will get ranking quota.

:TPE WDN

Edited by Fran-UDA

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Does ITTF WC have ranking points for Olympics and WTT Rankings? If so what is the distribution?

https://www.ittf.com/rankings/

Points are the same in both rankings, but period is different. Something like in tennis, each week the world ranking is more correct.

Regulations

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

https://www.ittf.com/rankings/

Points are the same in both rankings, but period is different. Something like in tennis, each week the world ranking is more correct.

Regulations

Thanks. I actually meant the current ITTF World Cup in Macao, it has points as per the PDF. Happy to know.

In Asia we have 6 quotas, it will be 6 Zones (in calendar I see 4 - South East Asia, South Asia, West Asia, Central Asia)

or they will use ranking for one or two quotas

for example Europe have tournament in Bosnia, and gave 5 places + 1 place is from ranking (closed 11 june / world ranking will close 18 june).

May

:NEP and :SRI should get the singles quota in Men and Women respectively in South Asia.

For us the fight for getting into Olympic team is heating up with 4 men and 5 women in fray for the 3 spots per gender. Men's No 1, Women's No 2 and No 6 look safe for now.

7 hours ago, Adriano said:

In Asia we have 6 quotas, it will be 6 Zones (in calendar I see 4 - South East Asia, South Asia, West Asia, Central Asia)

or they will use ranking for one or two quotas

There should be an East Asian qualifier. As for the last quota, I think like Europe they are planning to allocated it towards the rankings, but they may host another tournament.