website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread
Posted
24 minutes ago, Quasit said:

You're living in the Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium? :p

I have a hard time letting go of good times :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 hours ago, bestmen said:

DuzxW-OWsAEWb36.jpg

This is the first photo I’ve ever seen of real-life bestmen

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Headline on CNN. Now, I'm no expert on whether or not it's realistic and I don't very much care that much about who leaves the EU and who doesn't, but guys, come on. Surely we can think of a better name? Italexit must be the single worst name ever in the history of names for political events.

Romexit?

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

It’s offical, I’m addicted to Turkish Delight (which is unfortunate because it’s very hard to find here in the US)

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

This is brilliant!! :woot:

They had done it since 2015, but their channel recently got deleted in an accident, so their trying to reupload some of thier old videos. They recently announced that 2019 is coming soon...

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

My third favorite Olympics :p:

In all reality though, this channel is cool, check out last years:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Free college for foreigners but not for people from the country would be a bit unfair wouldn't it? :lol:

Not, if it applies to both 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

Applying to university sucks, and I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. 

Also, if more countries would offer free college to foreigners that’d be great :thumbup:

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

What an emotional song for such an emotional topic, another great move by Battlefield. Brings back memories of London 2012:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 hours ago, Bohemia said:

This is random but I just realized I had reached 1,000 posts :toast:

Oh, me too actually

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You are so young you don't know how to properly type on a computer yet? :yikes: 

And your so old that I’m surprised you can still see the screen :p. Am I too urban for you?

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
45 minutes ago, MHSN said:

oh well I'm no expert in this :d I have a laptop and a desktop computer and an external hard drive. I prefer to save things in all 3 of them (at least 2 of them) in case something happens.

btw how do you live with a tablet ? :d I don't know how you guys can type fast with a tablet. while I'm super fast typing with my PC, but typing on a tablet is like a torture for me.

I never learned to type, so I got really good at “double-thumbing”. It’s just practice. I only use my phone to post on here. 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no I just have them as PDF on my computer

What would you recommend as the best way to save results books, if day I don’t own a computer (I use a tablet instead).

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

@MHSN I remember you saying that you save all results. What do you use to save the files (cloud, hard drive, folders), or do you go as far as to print them and make the actual results books

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread
Posted

God of War 4 wins Game of the Year in huge upset!!! I’m happy (cause I voted for it), but really because the storyline, art direction, acting, myths, and fights were all so good.

BOY! go grab thier trophy.

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

With all these national athletic awards going on right now. I though I’d float the idea of doing a Totallympics one with categories like:

Best European Athlete of 2018 (Winter and Summer)

Best Asian Athlete of 2018 (Winter and Summer)

Best African Athlete of 2018 (Summer)

Best American Athlete of 2018 (Winter and Summer)

Best Oceania Athlete (Summer)

Best Youth Athlete of 2018

Best National Team of 2018 (Winter and Summer)

Best Professional Team of 2018 (Winter and Summer)

And so on...

Thoughts? (I’d be willing to organize it)

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

It’s 41F and raining where I live. We missed a rare chance at snow (I know because the foothills are getting it today). On the bright side my cross country skiing trip is looking great :yes

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread
Posted
13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m curious to see the responses on here to this:

make it weird please, I don’t want to know about your bland ass food.

As for my country I’d say deep fried butter, alligator, and probably some more I’ll think of later.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bohemia said:

The only ones I can think about are frog legs and snails (I have never tried any one of them, and I'd like it to stay that way)

I saw someone twitted about sea snails or something. I though that frog legs was kind of an urban legend.

Posted

I’m curious to see the responses on here to this:

make it weird please, I don’t want to know about your bland ass food.

40 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's actually a whip that is delivered by Krampus himself. So... Happy thoughts. :d

image.thumb.png.9e939b874bf2641208bd5711575cbb72.png

I love wholesome European art. Can Krampus visit @heywoodu with that stick then instead of the coal

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

We put out the boots tonight here too. Although aside from candy, this is also a common gift...

image.png.e69ca577be722e1a432f297c3d9e6d5c.png

That is a very Croatian stick