website statistics
Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jur said:

"Manex" sounded basque so I had to look it up and confirmed it.

Now I have to root for this boy too!

I’m assuming your Basque then? :p. I always thought of that as such an interesting place.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

This is final? I'm still really surprised about the two girls quotas...I mean, they've got some teenage girls working hard, but generally they were far behind and only one has been getting significantly closer..

As far as I can tell (and I’m 95% confident), those quotas are for sure Brazil’s

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

Update on Nordic Combined quotas.

NOCs with 2 male and 2 female quotas:

:AUT :CZE :EST* :FIN :FRA :GER :ITA :JPN :NOR :RUS :SLO :SUI* :USA

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible to fill quota

NOCs with 2 male and 1 female quota confirmed:

:POL*

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible

NOCs with 2 male quotas:

:UKR*

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible

NOCs with 1 male quota confirmed:

:KAZ

NOCs with 1 female quota confirmed:

:GBR :LAT

Posted

Update on Ski Jumping quotas.

NOCs confirmed to have 2 male and 2 female quotas:

:AUT :CZE :FIN :FRA :GER :ITA :JPN :KAZ :NOR :POL :ROU :RUS :SLO :SUI :UKR:USA 

* = not enough eligible athletes to fill quota yet

NOCs with 2 male quotas and 1 female quota confirmed:

:EST :HUN* :SWE*

* = do not have an eligible female athlete yet

:GBR 

:KOR:SVK* :CHN

* = athletes not yet eligible

NOCs yet to confirm quota, or that have declined quota:

:CAN :GEO

Posted

Cross Country Skiing quota update.

Every nation qualified through the world championships has confirmed their 3 male and 3 female quotas. However, :AUT :FRA :RUS do not have enough eligible women to fill their quota currently. :FRA :RUS don’t have enough eligible men either.

Now for the update on the second round of quota allocation:

NOCs with 2 male and 2 female quotas confirmed:

:BRA :EST :JPN :KAZ :KOR :LAT :SLO :SVK :SWE

NOCs with 2 male quotas confirmed:

:LIE 

NOCs with 1 male quota and 2 female quotas confirmed:

:ARG :AUS :BIH :BLR :CHN :GRE :IRI :LTU :ROU :TUR :UKR 

NOCs with 1 male and 1 female quota confirmed:

:CRO :ESP :THA 

:BUL :CHI :DEN :GBR :LBN :MGL :NZL 

:AND 

NOCs yet to confirm or that have denied their quotas:

:ARM :BEL :CAN :MKD :MNE :NED :SRB 

NOCs next in line for a male quota reallocation:

:ROU :CHN :BLR :ESP :TUR :LTU :ARG :GRE :BIH :AUS 

NOCs next in line for a female quota reallocation:

:SRB :ESP :CRO :THA :MKD 

Posted

Ok so update on the Alpine Skiing quota allocations as they currently stand:

First, all nations qualified through the world championships have confirmed their quotas (you can @Vojthas lost a few passes back). 

Now the second allocation process is nearing completion, so here’s the update.

NOCs with 1 male and 1 female quota confirmed:

:AND :BIH :BUL :CHI :CHN :CZE :DEN :GRE :HUN :IRI :IRL :JPN :KAZ :KOR :LBN :NZL :POL :ROU :RUS :SVK :TUR :UKR

:ALB :BLR :HAI 

:CYP :ISR :LAT :LTU :TPE :TTO

NOCs yet to confirm there quotas (there’s also the potential that some of the following have already rejected their quotas). They have about 1 more month to do so:

:ARM :ECU :GEO :HKG :ISL :KOS :MNE :NED :PHI :POR :RSA :SMR :SRB 

NOCs in line for reallocation:

:THA 

Posted
On 23/08/2019 at 18:34, intoronto said:

:HAI confirmed its quota in alpine skiing

I was checking today, and it appears :TTO have also confirmed their participation!

Just now, Griff88 said:

Can't really blame the Moroccans though, 30 plus years without knowing or giving a damn to it.

I can and I did. They rank below the Lao People’s Republic, Tahiti, and Cape Verde In my book (in terms of good multi-sports games hosts). That statement is also a perfect summation about the world letting Morocco get away with its completely illegal and immoral occupation and destruction of the Sahrawi Republic.

Southeast Asian Games 2019
Posted
2 minutes ago, wamel042 said:

Vovinam.....?

Arnis....?

kurash....?

Obstacle racing....?

So many martial arts sports will be contested: I think they will run out of white uniforms....

Well Kurash uses Green and Blue, and Pencak Silat uses Balck so problem solved :p

Southeast Asian Games 2019
Posted
Just now, wamel042 said:

56 sports? That is quite a programme....

Honestly how the Olympics should be...Get rid of the crazy IOC demands and give us Underwater Hockey :p

10 hours ago, wamel042 said:

Still: Morocco stepped in as an alternative for several other countries. Even after Morocco did not participate in recent African Games. Better something than nothing? Many other multi sport events haven't been held in recent years: West Asian Games, Arab Games, East Asian Games etc.

What African countries could stage these Games in the near future?

South Africa (they sent a relative small group of athletes because of financial issues)

Algeria (facilities are being built for the MedGames in Oran)

Nigeria

Ghana (really?)

Egypt

Tunesia

Senegal (build a huge basketball arena) & Mali (are you serious?)

Equatorial Guinea (former selected host, but no history in sports), must have been a joke....

Congo (to soon again)

Kenya

Some possibilities, but I think these Games are in serious doubt....like European Games, Universiad and (too) many other Games.

Would make perfect sense for them to host in 2023. @bestmen start campaigning :p. In all seriousness, I think :ALG could pull it off.

I also wouldn’t count out a country like :NAM, :BOT, or :ZIM

Mediterranean Beach Games 2019
Posted
7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Very happy to see :MON and :SMR make an appearance on the medal table. Both had to beat some good competition to get there too. Greece and Italy are just destroying everyone else. I expected France to be doing better.

African Games 2019
Posted
14 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

In badminton it is in a further disarray. The Moroccan federation has internal conflicts (they send really weak players) and the results updated in the web is full of mistakes.

And according to one African badminton expert, a retired player (one of the best Moroccan badminton player) suddenly found her name registered by the federation to participate lol

Yeah I tried watching the Athletics yesterday, and I’ve never seen a multi-sports games stadium more empty. It was worse than the football stadiums during preliminary matches at Lima 2019. 

Posted

A games where all the finals are streamed live to YouTube and kept there for replays, and where the results website is tolerable. I must have started praying to the right deities :p

African Games 2019
Posted
Just now, thiago_simoes said:

This is the kind of joke I don't support. 

Oh believe I hate that they’re poaching athletes, but use humor in a mostly satirical way to express myself without launching a full tirade into my opinions. If we can’t highlight and laugh at mistakes, then we’re not improving society.

African Games 2019
Posted
33 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

You suggest either of two Asian nations should have hosted the African Games? Ok.

The majority of their athletes come from Africa. Plus, I was making a joke about them using the games as a scooting camp.

African Games 2019
Posted
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well still by miles better than this years European Games

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I duno, at least I was able to watch some of those...

My score has the 2019 European Games as the second best of this cycle I believe (it’s close between them and the Pan Ams). The Euro Games were much, much better than this nonsense.

African Games 2019
Posted

These games are in such disarray. The top athletes aren’t showing up (a rare case in African sport). The games appear to be the King’s vanity project (at least in Sochi Putin didn’t plaster his name and face everywhere at the venues). The venues are meh at best. Local interest is terrible. International interest is terrible. There’s no international live feeds for any sports. The website can’t perform basic functions it should be able to. Plus, today I saw that athletes are talking about how the event doesn’t feel special at all. What are poor showing from Morocco. This is defense the worst multi-sports games of the 2017-2020 cycle (I’m putting them below the 2017 Jeux De La Francophonie and 2018 South American Games). I can’t believe African settled for this horror show, but I understand their problem. They should have just asked Qatar or Bahrain to host the games. At least those two would have fulfilled all the above. Plus, they could’ve used the games to poach more talent from the continent :p

Posted

Great ceremony for a beach games. The start was a bit long, but once it got under way it was good. Hopefully they’ll stream the sports to YouTube as well. That ceremony was still 100% better than the African Games. I’m ready for a few days of beach sport. I don’t watch these events often, so it should be interesting.

African Games 2019
Posted
10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Only fitting for Equatorial Guinea. :evil:

Who were the original hosts of this year’s games by the way...

Posted
16 hours ago, Sindo said:

The program page seems to be wrong though and they haven't fixed it yet. Everything is one day ahead of real schedule :p

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

according to schedule ,today 3 sports have started .........hé no ,will be tomorrow

who said this website is better than Moroccan

p_1331460cv1.jpg

There’s an official results app that you can download. Article here: https://www.mbgpatras2019.gr/?section=637&language=en_US&itemid1541=2897&detail1541=1