website statistics

2 golds and 2 bronze for Ireland, I am over the moon with that. I hoped for 4-5 medals and one gold so definitely met my wish. And we left a few medals out there too which bodes well too since we definitely didn’t have a perfect Games. Buzzing to follow the Road to Tokyo Paris now :cheer:

This is magical, look at the celebrations in Fiji after their gold medal. It’s exactly how I like to imagine every small nation celebrating a medal…

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ 05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15--------------

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

New Eurosport Channels!!!

Eurosport 3 - The best of Tennis
Eurosport 4 - The best of Artistic
Eurosport 5 - The best of Football
Eurosport 6 - The best of Basketball
Eurosport 7 -  The best of fight sports
Eurosport 8 - The best of Handball
Eurosport 9,-  The best of Volleyball

Eurosport UHD

OMG yes!! :clap:

I got up at 03:00 this morning which means I am now on Pakistan time or Tashkent :d 

My plan is to be able to get up around midnight during the Games (most days the competition starts after 01:00 here but some days it starts before that).

I’m getting there :) 

50 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Already loving the broadcast graphics. Maybe it's too soon, but I think they're my favourite ever? Very classic style.

Agreed! They look wonderful :wub:

Tokyo 2020 Country Profiles
Posted

olympic-schools-challenge-promo.png

:IRL IRELAND

Ireland's team officially includes 116 athletes consisting of 61 men and 55 women.

The flagbearers for the Opening Ceremony will be boxers Kellie Harrington and Brendan Irvine.

For all sorts of details, click on the Olympic Federation of Ireland link below:

Meet the team....

athletes

men athletes

women athletes

events

sports

Team Ireland Guide

59 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

I see they put five of the Southeast Asian nations together in the same building. :)

:BRU gonna feel left out :d 

Well unless they just sent officials again and are staying in some 5 star hotel or palace :d 

3 days to go....the last day before the Games without Olympic competition!! :baseball::football::banana:

Olympic Countdown Clock

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ 05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15--------------

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted
3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

:toast:Exactly the same with me.  Up yesterday at 05:30.  Up today at 04:00.  Getting ready for the softball tomorrow. 

It will be great waking up tomorrow to some Olympic action :clap:

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted

So last night I went to bed at 20:30 and woke at 04:00. That’s 3 hours earlier than my usual waking up time which means I am now on Baku time :d 

4 days to go....   :cheer::banana:

Olympic Countdown Clock

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I barely slept on Saturday night so did need a normal one last night, but today it'll start :d

Going to sleep at 21:00, waking up at 05:00

Tomorrow going to at sleep 20:00, waking up at 04:00 on Wednesday

Wednesday going to at sleep 19:00, waking up at 03:00 on Thursday

Thursday going to at sleep 18:00, waking up at 02:00 on Friday

Friday going to sleep at 17:00, waking up at whenever the first event starts on Saturday minus 20 minutes for breakfast

And then there we are, Japanese-time rhythm :d 

I went to bed at 21:30 last night and got up at 05:00 this morning. Feeling fresh so far :d 

Tonight will go to bed around 20:30 and try to go for a 04:00 start. Let’s see how I get on from there! 

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted
2 hours ago, rybak said:

I think its time to prepare body for being awake by whole night and being sleeping in Middle of day :p

Yes indeed :d. I think I am going to gradually try to change my sleep pattern this week and then for a big adjustment on Friday :d.

5 days to go....   :cheer::bounce::banana:

Olympic Countdown Clock

:TUR and :AZE together.

I saw :ITA and :ARG flags on the same building too.

:BEL and :AUT seem to be together 

36 minutes ago, Dnl said:

where can one check?

No idea. I just been following a vlog from our gymnast and he showed the building. I guess Google images might be a good source! Will be fun trying to locate all the delegations :d 

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Also we know all our neighbors in the Building number 6 at the Olympic Village,

so we share the building with as already mentioned yesterday :LTU:CZE but also :POL  :LAT and :EST

There should be a thread for which nations are sharing with each other.

Ireland is sharing with :SWE and :FIN and it is directly across from the dining hall :d