website statistics
Table Tennis 2022 Discussion Thread
Posted

So after the highs of Oman with so many medals to Singapore lows (just QFs)  though the best of the best field came there. 

So back in Middle East in Doha it's Sharath Kamal in semis after beating Tomislav Pucar in straight games. Will face the chinese in semis. 

In the XD it's the first finals of the year for Manika/Sathiyan : 

Manika/Sathiyan v Cheng I Ching/Lin Yun Ju 

Great semis yesterday going the full distance against Doo Hoi Kem and Wong Chun Ting of Hong Kong 

Pretty exciting week at the WTT contender in Muscat! 

MS QF

:CHN Liang v :SWE Persson

:CHNLin S v :CHN Lin G

:CHN Liao v :NGR Aruna

:CHNWang v :CHN Xiang

WS QF

:CHNHe v :CHNQian

:CHN Fan  V :PORShao

:MON Yang V :ROU Samara

:CHN Man V :IND Manika

MD SF

:TPEChuang/Peng v :POL:BEL Dyjas /Nyutnik

:ROUEduard/Darius v :CHNLin / Xiang

WD SF

:IND Ayika/Suthirtha v :IND Selena /Sreeja

:CHNChen/Qian v :CHNZhang / Man

XD SF 

:IND Archana/Manav beat :HUN Eczeki/Imrei (3-0)

:TPECheng I Ching / Li  v :CHN Wang / Chen

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

Following the rumor of North Korean withdrawal, the IOC released a statement claiming that they received no word about it from their NOC.

So, this whole rumor of PRK boycott could very well turn out to be a hoax...

Don't worry it won't. I doubt any change in the plans. 

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

Ding Ning is obviously no more in her best condition and retired from NT. She went to college and play for clubs and provincial team now. After the national games this year right after OG, I guess she will be fully retired.

Oh I believe she could have given one last shot at Tokyo. So Sun Yingsha gets back to back Olympic events - Youth Olympic Games 2018 and Olympic Games this year. 

51 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

China announced the list

Men’s single: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong

Women’s single: Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha

Mixed Double: Xu Xin/Liu Shiwen

Men’s group: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Wang Chuqin(P card)

Women’s group: Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha, Liu Shiwen, Wang Manyu(P card)

No Ding Ning? 

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Probably not, ignoring nations with team quotas (Honduras and Montenegro) the largest tripartite nation will likely be Samoa. They have already qualified seven athletes and will qualify more in judo and weightlifting (plus a chance in rugby sevens, but that's a team sport). That's without getting any invitation places (they will be given one/two in swimming).

Due to their success, this means Samoa won't be eligible for tripartite quotas in 2024.

Actually I meant with tripartite places ,beach volleyball and current qualified  Vanuatu will have its biggest  squad ever at Olympics. 

I'm closely reading Samoan Newspapers once a week. I'm happy with their preparation for the Olympics. They can win a medal (or 2 with some luck) in weightlifting and rugby team is preparing well since last year I don't know about France though for the Qualifiers. 

22 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Congrats Yuan Jia Nan and Pritikha Pavade 385 World Ranking (16 years old) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :FRA:FRA

Prithika is just 16 years old. I think by 20 or 24 she could be the one of the best table tennis players in the world. She was born in Pondicherry, India which is a French colony and like many others  studied in a French School and later went to France and settled down. 

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

but it's not official? you don't have a source?

You'll have to wait for the official source until entry deadline ends. 

https://www.nknews.org/2021/03/tokyo-2021-north-korean-olympic-committee-holds-mystery-meeting-in-pyongyang/

The economic crisis Means it'll be hard to give any opportunity for the virus. 

Safely you can see that's it from North Korea at the Tokyo Olympics. See you at Beijing 2022 ( winter)  and Hangzhou 2022 asiad for the tokyo hopeful / qualified  athlethes. 

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

i didn't understand, north korea is withdrawing from the tokyo olympics? or in table tennis?

Withdrawing from Olympic completely. They just aren't interested to participate in any Olympic Qualifier where they had chances in those events to even medal.