website statistics
hace 20 minutos, De_Gambassi said:

No it didn't. Please stop. Swimming was neither needed nor seen valuable and certainly didn't come naturaly.

And again, it has nothing to do with the topic...

It has everything to do with the topic as availability has everything to do with popularity. But I will stop if only to avoid further arrogance-tinted hogwash. Crossing water bodies not being valuable in human history has to be among the funniest crap I've heard today. But you do you.

hace 1 minuto, De_Gambassi said:

Disagree with what ? It has nothing to do with the lack of popularity* of the sport outside of the olympics.

*popularity as in spectators popularity which was @JoshMartini007point I believe.

Besides, that's a very debatable point. There have been billions of people who never learnt how to swimm through historty. I'm not even sure that the majority of people today knows how to swimm.

Popularity as in participation. Popularity as in spectators is asinine to begin with because the most popular sport doesn't even have one medal to its most popular event. But I'd argue its popularity is what brought the million medals, not the other way around.

RE: people not swimming.But the people "that matter" do. Centres of power have always been next to a source of water and swimming comes intuitively and naturally.

hace 2 horas, De_Gambassi said:

The 'popularity' of swimming is only worth of the million+ of medals they are giving away during each olympics. If it was not for that, it would just be just one olympic sports among others.

T&F is a different beast.

Disagree. Swimming is just like track (athletics). It's an essential intuitive human activity. 

hace 7 minutos, AlFHg said:

I'm surprised most of all that UCI doesn't complain with IOC for low number of events in track cycling. Potentially, track cycling (and cycling in general) could be as popular as athletics or acquatics, and it will definitely deserve more medal events

I agree, but I think they see road as the money-maker. There's a reason guys like Gaviria leave track (and he's killing it in road so it's hard to fault him).

I will be paying close attention to the keirin, of course.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

I like the points race (and the madison) so much :cry: I really want to see either of them as a separate event again.

Same here. UCI wants the madison and individual pursuit back on the program, I think. But I'd also like to keep the omnium. I love the points race and the elimination.

hace 13 minutos, hckosice said:

Gold for Viviani Silver for Cav and Bronze for Hansen...Gaviria very unlucky finishing only 1 point out of the mens omnium podium

He said in an interview he didn't feel well the two days, as in out of shape, not sick or anything. And even like that he was a couple of laps away from a silver. I thought I'd be dissapointed if he didn't medaled but I'm really just feeling really proud.

hace 46 minutos, Agger said:

Not trying to make excuses (it was just a bad race by Lasse), but when they have about an hour, even 15 minutes can make a noticable difference.

But of course, in general it is tough with the scheduling and makes it even more impressive (some would say suspicious) that Boudat could just keep on sprinting round after round.

Agree 100% there

hace 8 minutos, Agger said:

The first riders has about half an hour extra for restitution. Makes a lot of difference, when they get this little time.

I agree with that. I meant not an excuse among the candidates. It didn't give Gaviria, Boudat, Lansen, Cav, Viviani or O'Shea any advantage over each other (sorry I wasn't clear enough). But the level did suffer.

hace 39 minutos, Agger said:

Well. Lasse was pretty tired after the pursuit. It gives quite an advantage to those in the bottom of the scratch...

The scheduling was horrible. It's not an excuse because it hurts everyone, but the idea is to have these guys at their top for all three events. At least tomorrow the time trial is in the morning and there's at least 80 mins between the flying lap and the points race.