Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Prashanth

Badminton 2017 Discussion Thread

Prashanth    19

The biggest badminton tournament is going to start in few hors from now. The Premier Badminton League 2017.

Edited by Prashanth

Griff88    102

So after 74 days, let's have a bit of update on BWF event bidding candidates:

Thomas/Uber Cup (Men's and women's team WC) 2018: :THA  Bangkok and :IND New Delhi

World championships 2018: :CHN Nanjing (sole bidder)

Sudirman Cup (Mixed team WC) 2019: :CHN Nanning, yes Nanning not Nanjing (sole bidder :smoke:)

World championships 2019: :JPN Tokyo and :SUI Basel

Basically everyone is so afraid of Chinese venue collections and stayed off from bidding in that events :p And it looks like all those events will be in Asia, since it is very likely for BWF to award WBC 2019 to Tokyo for Olympic test event. Unless an European (or other continent) country bids for the World Junior Championships (TBD later this year), we won't see any badminton major events outside Asia until 2020. A reverse condition from 2015-2017 bidding where it managed to spread to Pan Am and Oceania

Gianlu33    374

The wait is finished! European Championship finally starts!

Here you can watch in live all 4 courts

Agger    136

Sadly it's a terrible week for me.

Kolding is pretty close and I would love to go see a bit of badminton, but I don't have any time this week.

heywoodu    1,109

Where is the results page? (the official one I mean, not the Totallympics one :d )I'm always having trouble finding that  :p 

Gianlu33    374
8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Where is the results page? (the official one I mean, not the Totallympics one :d )I'm always having trouble finding that  :p 

I find it only on the official app for mobile phone. Try to write "Badminton EC2017", you'll find it ;) 

Dolby    120
27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You can find draws, schedules and results for all Badminton tournaments at http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/

Dolby    120
5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

The wait is finished! European Championship finally starts!

Here you can watch in live all 4 courts

My prediction: Denmark will win 4 golds and Marin will win the 5th. 

Griff88    102
On 29/4/2017 at 02:56, OlympicIRL said:

Woohoo, the Magee siblings have won a medal in the mixed doubles :clap:

Congrats for the first Irish first medal in EC!

The Magees have good potential, since they can put a good fight to some strong Chinese players by playing it to the 3rd set.

Edited by Griff88