website statistics

Archery at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Dolby

Decent performance by the Mexican women, although very dissapointed by Aida Roman... she showed she's far from the level she had following her silver in London, and sadly, it drag the other archers down for the team event.

As for their individual chances, the most likely to advance is Valencia, whose first two matches are rather accesible for her; however she must be overconfident and try to do her best in the 1/8 match against an archer from India or Chinese Taipei, so she can advance to quarters (I don't think she can go further).  Bayardo has in theory one of the easiest first round matches, but she will be put to the test in the next stage against Germany's Unruh or Brito for Venezuela (a pretty even match in either case); finally Roman will have to overcome whatever difficulties she had today and use her greater experience against the archer from Moldova in the first round and then trying to surprise two Chinese girls (which are her most probable rivals); if she manages to do that, then she will face Ki Bo Bae from South Korea in a reedition of their gold medal match four years ago.

In the team competition, Ukraine and Japan should be the most interesting match in the initial round (yet India and Mexico must be aware of Colombia and Georgia respectively), with the winner having the "privilege" of facing the South Korean team in quarterfinals and that tiny option for an upset; the other three matches of that round should be interesting to watch if the higher seeds prevail in the previous round. I think semifinals could see Korea v. Mexico and Russia v. China, with my candidates for the podium being Korea, Russia and (with God's help) Mexico in that order,

Very sad with Deepika's performance. A top archer of her caliber missing a arrow and firing a 5 is a sign of nerves which I cant say. A #1 ranked archer doing this should be called a crime, But all are humans and nerves can catch anyone if not handled properly. Hope she does best in the main rounds....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

No archery on Dutch tv, they prefer to keep talking (like they've been doing for 30 minutes) about the men's road race :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Sports Lover said:

Congrats :NED 30 points. I hope they win. Even tough I'm Slovenian I was born in Nederlands

Cool :d

And thanks :clap:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!