Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Totallympics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    2,972
Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Is there any one watching the world cup now? 

Probably :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    497

I would like to watch but the tv that has rights here will only show Argentina games and FIH doesn't livestream anything in youtube anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,972
24 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

India could not beat England :(

Have to be satisfied with a draw. 

Satisfied? That should be celebrated...it's a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Satisfied? That should be celebrated...it's a surprise.

India have beaten them at the Gold Coast and had it not been a defensive error in the 54th minute India would have won it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,972
5 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

India have beaten them at the Gold Coast and had it not been a defensive error in the 54th minute India would have won it... 

Be that as it may, England definitely was the favorite in this match (which I think matters a lot more for them than the Gold Coast one, considering this is a home World Cup), so India getting a draw is a very good result for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about the dejá vu. India had played favorites for women's Cricket World Cup England in England. Against all odds and expectations of the home crowd in Derby India beat England and later the teams met at the world cup 2017 final..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,972
8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I was thinking about the dejá vu. India had played favorites for women's Cricket World Cup England in England. Against all odds and expectations of the home crowd in Derby India beat England and later the teams met at the world cup 2017 final..... 

Well yes, but a result in cricket has 0 effect on this hockey World Cup :p

 

Anyway, I get how someone might be a bit disappointed, but I think India should be happy with a good surprise :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlFHg    77

The games should be shown by FIH channel on YouTube. However, all of the games seems to be free to me except Italy-China. Is the same for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,972
4 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

The games should be shown by FIH channel on YouTube. However, all of the games seems to be free to me except Italy-China. Is the same for you?

I don't know where you see that, but I see nothing when I open FIH's YT channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×