website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

13 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently in Italy, since few minutes, become legal have some marijuana plants at home (for domestical use) :cheer:

Another step to the civility... Now the Parliament should be put this judgment in a law. :beer:

In California, people are allowed to have up to 5 plants for personal use :smoke:. Though, marijuana laws are tricky here. It’s illegal federally, but legal state wise (like quite a few things in California at this point). It’s also legal in Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, so you can get rather “chill” while watching the Olympics this year (that’s if you’re 21 of course).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

In California, people are allowed to have up to 5 plants for personal use :smoke:. Though, marijuana laws are tricky here. It’s illegal federally, but legal state wise (like quite a few things in California at this point). It’s also legal in Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, so you can get rather “chill” while watching the Olympics this year (that’s if you’re 21 of course).

But technically in Italy it's completely illegal smoke marijuana :p It's a strange situation

Edited by Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

But technically in Italy it's completely illegal smoke marijuana :p It's a strange situation

It was like in New York for a while. SNO did a really funny skit on it. Essentially, New Yorkers could own 10 grams or something (as I do not do drugs, I have no freaking clue about the measurements), and not be arrested for it. They just couldn’t smoke it either :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

They are the only measures of the economy.  

Improper measures of a healthy economy. They count the whole, not the personal. My problem with economics (and I took AP Macroeconomics, so I know what I’m talking about) is that it doesn’t really account for the person. People are also viewed essentially as machines, and while that’s true to a point, it creates an unrealistic model of a countries economy in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Improper measures of a healthy economy. They count the whole, not the personal. My problem with economics (and I took AP Macroeconomics, so I know what I’m talking about) is that it doesn’t really account for the person. People are also viewed essentially as machines, and while that’s true to a point, it creates an unrealistic model of a countries economy in my opinion.

For some.   For me I was able to soar to a 7% percentile in income in this economy.   I have friends whose stock portfolio is insanely high.    

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

For some.   For me I was able to soar to a 7% percentile in income in this economy.   I have friends whose stock portfolio is insanely high.    

Yes, and your in the lucky amount of people who can afford stock. The middle class shrinking while the upper and lower classes are growing. That’s not the formal to a healthy economy. Also, if all you’re concerned about is your personal wealth (at least to the point of having a good amount a excess assets), you’ve not actually done much to contribute to a healthy economy.

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, and your in the lucky amount of people who can afford stock. The middle class shrinking while the upper and lower classes are growing. That’s not the formal to a healthy economy. Also, if all you’re concerned about is your personal wealth (at least to the point of having a good amount a excess assets), you’ve not actually done much to contribute to a healthy economy.

I need to make sure my kids have good lives first right?