website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2021

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Congrats. Unlike the girl in the youth competition, she actually had a good skiing time. On the other hand she was 1 or 2 years older than many of her competitors, so it is difficult to judge where she ranks talentwise.

was obviously a one time of a life for both girls, Horvátová is competing the whole season in the WC and barely finish better than 80+.

We are somehow super overperforming here, but cool, I´ll take it, who know when we will medal in this (any) biathlon competition again, maybe not in the next 20 years

6 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Interesting race - Bened with the only 20 for 20.

Only 4 who missed more than 10 shots.  This could be many reasons, wind for example, when comparing to yesterday.  But I think more of it is that these are more experienced biathletes, than the younger ones. 

Yes, it seems normal. Last year the top 10 in the women’s youth race had 26 misses, while the top 10 in the women’s junior race only had 16 misses. On the men’s side we had 18 misses at junior level and 24 misses at youth level. Sadly the horrible IBU side doesn’t show any older results, so I don’t know if last year was also an outlier.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

was obviously a one time of a life for both girls, Horvátová is competing the whole season in the WC and barely finish better than 80+.

We are somehow super overperforming here, but cool, I´ll take it, who know when we will medal in this (any) biathlon competition again, maybe not in the next 20 years

Not sure if it was a once in a lifetime thing. The girl in the youth competition was pretty slow, so not sure about her chances of doing anything at senior level, but the girl today seemed like a solid talent. I think she isn’t less talented than Vanessa Hinz for example. I could definitely see her becoming someone who regularly finishes top 30 in the World Cup. In the end most talents don’t make it at senior level, so no one really knows. If I would have to bet on one to make it, it would definitely be the girl who won silver today.

Edit: I would definitely trade the girl who won silver today for all German girls I have seen so far except Grotian.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

We will see.

In any case, these results have also one other major important significance. thanks to the medals, both girls fulfilled the conditions for state financial support and at the same time fulfilled the conditions for joining the special junior Olympic top team or whatever that special project of the Slovak Olympic Committee is called. It is a large monetary and material sponsorship for the whole two years. So very well done for them.

And finally, both girls partially saved the face of our entire biathlon, which has suffered and struggled like never before this year.

Looks like an excellent day for Slovenia again ...

Cisar with a dominant performance so far. Great skiing + a clean sheet after 3 shootings, might very well be another (gold) medal for Slovenia. Cisar and Repinc seem like spectacular talents for Slovenia. Surprisingly Slovenia could become a top 5 nation in biathlon in 5-10 years ahead of nations like Germany or Italy. Their development across multiple endurance events is truly „interesting“ indeed ...

Edit: Cisar missed 1 target in the Last shooting. This might have cost him gold, but it still looks good for a medal. In order to best him the other guys will either have to have a clean sheet or they will have to have a super fast skiing time while only missing 1 target.

Bad luck for Italy. Zingerle was super dominant and then he messed up the last shooting (3 misses), otherwise it would have very likely been the gold for him. Superb talent nevertheless.

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

Heňaaaa :clap:

Miracle on ice snow 2.0

horvatova-21-msj-radost.jpg.deform.560x3

So, mandatory quick return and recap for the 2nd miraculous medal here.

Henrieta Horvátová

won today the 11th :SVK medal  in history of the World Juniors & Youth Championships since 1993,

6th silver (0 - 6 - 5),

and believe it or not but it is the 1st Juniors category medal after 25 years :d

If a medal for Slovakia in this sport at such event is something unbelievable, the fact that this was already the 2nd medal from one single championship is totally like from some sci-fi movie.

However as already mentioned by this result Heňa basically saved her career, now she will be part of the Slovak NOC special project "SVK Olympic Juniors Top Team Project" altogether with Ema Kapustová who won bronze in the Youth Individual yesterday. For the next two years with monthly monetary support and material help provided by our NOC. Both will also benefit of State financial support next year.

and thanks to both of them Slovak Biathlon Federation is now eligible for bigger financial aid from the governement.

So surprisingly very very good 2 days happened this weekend for SVK biathlon.

Congrats "Heňa" !

P1487878.jpg