website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Gold for Richard of :FRA, Silver to Repnic :SLO and Bronze to Kapustova of :SVK.

Kapustova was the only one to shoot clean.  It was not a good shooting day for the US.  The four went 9,9,9 ,10.  But they skied pretty fast.  Of the top 6 finishers, all were in the top 15 starters.

Would be nice if people who know the results would post them here instead of just naming random medalists ...

Gold: Jeanne Richard (France)

Silver: Lena Repinc (Slovenia)

Bronze: Ema Kapustova (Slovakia)

Interesting that Repinc started first, followed by Andersson (who finished 4th). Richard started 6th and Kapustova started 9th. It looks as if the starting order had an influence on the result.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Gold for Richard of :FRA, Silver to Repnic :SLO and Bronze to Kapustova of :SVK.

Kapustova was the only one to shoot clean.  It was not a good shooting day for the US.  The four went 9,9,9 ,10.  But they skied pretty fast.  Of the top 6 finishers, all were in the top 15 starters.

So already two nations you hadn’t on your list with medals, also Sweden and Belarus pretty close.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Looking at the skiing times, Repinc (born in 2003, by far the best skiing time) seems to be clearly the biggest talent. Zingerle (born in 2002) also had a great skiing time. Very encouraging to see Grotian (born in 2004) from Germany with one of the fastest skiing times despite being 2 years younger than most of the other girls. Richard and Michelon from France also look good. The Russian girls were surprisingly slow, will be interesting to see if they can turn it around (after all it was just one race). Hard to know how much value all of the results have thanks to the Norwegian absence, but it is very hard to imagine that any of the Norwegian girls are on the same talent level as Repinc.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So already two nations you hadn’t on your list with medals, also Sweden and Belarus pretty close.

Yep, as I said, mine were only guesses.  Without the four IBU Junior/Youth races cancelled, it is hard to really make an accurate prediction. Even if I was an expert, which I am not, biathlon is so unpredictable.  Which is one of the reasons I assume that we all enjoy it so much.

18 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Hard to know how much value all of the results have thanks to the Norwegian absence, but it is very hard to imagine that any of the Norwegian girls are on the same talent level as Repinc.

Does anyone know why Norway was not in the Individual?  Aasne Skrede is one that should do well on the women's side of things.  Are they absent for the entire championship due to the nations ban on hosting winter sports events?  Or was it a decision to ski the Individual?

Oceania is going fantastic, but Campbell's shooting is throwing away a very possible gold :hairpull: 

L7es5TC.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It always amazes me how big federations can’t even care enough about their own sport to hire someone who can create a snowcat decent live timing.