website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Il y a 2 heures, Olympian1010 a dit :

It shouldn’t be, but I feel as though it can be hard to differentiate between someone who’s Anti-Semitic and someone who disagrees with the political landscape of Israel. Although I would recommend that if you feel as though it’s though, you may want to refer to them as Israelis and not the Jews. Because all Israelis shouldn’t be defined by one aspect of thier humanity.

its confusing  but the diffrence between anti-Semitic and anti-Zionism in reality is big

anti Semitic means anti jewish

while Zionism is the founding of an independent Jewish state and Theodor Herzl is the founder of this movement (1896)  "pure political"

they took advantage of what happen to Jewish in Europe in the 19th and 20th century 

and many jewish are anti Zionism

Related image

in Tunisia for many reasons we are anti Zionism (they bombarded us on 1985)

but in Djerba we have a jewish community and the relation is excellent 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tunisia-religion/jews-and-muslims-celebrate-unusual-coexistence-in-tunisias-djerba-idUSKCN1IF1J2

and our tourism minister is jewish also "Rene Trabelsi"

Image result for rene trabelsi

ps i'm also anti saudi arabia and Al Saoud  that's doesn't make me anti muslims i just disapprove their politics :p

7 hours ago, konig said:

Its dificult to critic something about jews and dont be "anti-semitic".

For some people, sadly those two things are indeed linked to each other. 

A: "I don't much like Congo's politics."

B: "WTF dude, racist!"

A: "Not a fan of Israel's politics."

B: "Hitler! You're Hitler and you want all Jews dead!"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

General elections are taking place in India as well. From sporting point of view, one constituency stands out: Jaipur Rural, where Olympian Krishna Poonia (6th in Women's Discus Throw at London Olympics) is the opposition candidate against sitting MP and current Sports Minister, Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (Silver Medal in Men's Double Trap in Athens Olympics). 

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

today images , protesting again ,things improve but slowly ,  each week  we get 1-10% of claim

the good news  : the mafia dissolves day by day

D3ZXkYlWsAAneIM.jpg

I like the strength and the will of the protestors to show courage & unity.

They surely should teach a class of how to conduct a civil protest in Latin America.

Well at this current rate, Libya may have a new government by the end of the weekend. UN is holding a closed emergency session. NATO and EU appears to have been caught off guard. UN negotiations have failed so far.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela