Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

This just remind me the goal we received 9 seconds to go from the Czechs at the last Ice Hockey world champs, that costed us the quarterfinals and very likely the direct Olympic quota for Beijing, so yes, I can fully understand the SWE feelings here. but well, in other hand playing 11 against 10 and still not trying to win, you have no merit to deserve a win

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Group F

Germany - Sweden 2:1 (0:1)   

Goals  48. Reus 1:1, 90.+5 Kroos 2:1 - 32. Toivonen 0:1

Red Cards:  82. Boateng (GER)

Yellow Cards:  Boateng - Ekdal, Larsson.

Officials: Marciniak - Sokolnicki, Listkiewicz (all POL), 44.287 attendance

Germany:  Neuer – Kimmich, Rüdiger, Boateng, Hector (87. Brandt) – Rudy (31. Gündogan), Kroos – Müller, Draxler (46. Gomez), Reus – Werner

Sweden:  Olsen – Lustig, Lindelöf, Granqvist, Augustinsson – Claesson (74. Durmaz), Larsson, Ekdal, Forsberg – Berg (90. Thelin), Toivonen (78. Guidetti)

• Like 1

photo of the match 

5b2ea0e6e7e0a42d0dbf0a6d.jpg

• Like 2

vor 54 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Besides, Germany has never really done that well in Russia :evil:

What do you mean? I think there has never been a world cup or european championships in Russia. :mumble:

vor 49 Minuten schrieb bestmen:

byebey GER

this WC is African, Senegal :bowdown:

I am very disappointed in you! I thought we were friends by now. I always supported you in this thread and now this, thanks for nothing!

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, hckosice said:

This just remind me the goal we received 9 seconds to go from the Czechs at the last Ice Hockey world champs, that costed us the quarterfinals and very likely the direct Olympic quota for Beijing, so yes, I can fully understand the SWE feelings here. but well, in other hand playing 11 against 10 and still not trying to win, you have no merit to deserve a win

Damn those neighbours!

Very surprising interview by Kroos just now: "I had the feeling that many people in Germany people would have liked to see us being eliminated, but we won't make it that easy for them". :wacko:

hace 5 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

What do you mean? I think there has never been a world cup or european championships in Russia. :mumble:

He means the World War, I think.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Quasit:

Just their luck as usual.

Always luck = ability. Don't worry, the way Germany is playing, you will be rid of them after at most 2 more games.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am very disappointed in you! I thought we were friends by now. I always supported you in this thread and now this, thanks for nothing!

LOL I support GER since the begining , but they played like amateurs  and  missed much goals 

no one assured the 2 nd round in this group , the next match vs Korea should be easy :fingers:

vor 49 Minuten schrieb bestmen:

i predicted 2-0 

anyway SWE will beat MEX , nothing is clear for now 

Just imagine Sweden beating Mexico 1:0, then it would be (if Germany wins against South Korea):

Sweden 6 points, 2:2 goals (against Mexico and Germany)

Germany 6 points, 2:2 goals (against Mexico and Sweden

Mexico 6 points, 1:1 goals against (Mexico and Germany)

I think if there is a tie concerning points, then the team with the best goal difference out of all games will advance, so if Germany beats South Korea by 2 or more goals, then either Sweden or Mexico will be out. Mexico will try to avoid Brazil any way, so i don't see any chance that they will not at least get a draw. In my opinion Sweden is out if Germany wins against South Korea.

• Thanks 1

Swedish win vs Mexico= playoffs no matter what.

btw do you think 5 minutes extra time was correct??