website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

38 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know this is more due to the amount of athlete quotas in canoeing, but PASO should do a better job in guaranteeing 8 boats per event (they would need an increase of 50 athletes).

I’m just glad to see larger fields in the individual races at least. I find Canoe Sprint and Slalom to be two of the more entertaining Olympic sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know this is more due to the amount of athlete quotas in canoeing, but PASO should do a better job in guaranteeing 8 boats per event (they would need an increase of 50 athletes).

Pretty much every athlete who competed qualified + 2 countries getting additional quotas. It would be hard to justify additional quotas.

Canoe Slalom quotas:

BC6024A1-F688-423C-9BD5-6DEE59803A2E.jpeg

Countries are still eligible to enter events they haven’t qualified in, as long as they already have a quota for the athlete.

Accepted Double starters:

2ED507C0-62F5-4FCB-95B9-C5F8CB8AB5FF.jpeg

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Does anyone know who will be broadcasting the Pan Am games in the U.S.  I know 4 years ago it was ESPN, but I have not seen any info or advertising on who will broadcast it in America.

2 hours ago, bmo said:

Does anyone know who will be broadcasting the Pan Am games in the U.S.  I know 4 years ago it was ESPN, but I have not seen any info or advertising on who will broadcast it in America.

If have the Watch ESPN App (that will be closed and deleted on June 30 or something, in fair of their new ESPN app), and it shows a further streaming than the website. For what I can tell ESPN has the rights to the games again, and will show them on TV on ESPN Deportes and ESPN U. On the website the ESPN 3 streaming schedules are published a month in advance, so I’d check there at the end of the month.

Canada's fencing team was announced

Article says A team, but the top 3 world ranked fencers were not selected for most of the events. Also a 13 year old was named to the women's foil team, mind you the defending Pan American Games Champions. If they repeat that here, what an accomplishment for someone that young!