Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

[POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?

[POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?

• Argentina
    • Australia
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Colombia
    • Costa Rica
    • Croatia
    • Denmark
    • Egypt
    • England
    • France
    • Germany
    • Iceland
    • Iran
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Panama
    • Peru
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Senegal
    • Serbia
    • South Korea
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Tunisia
    • Uruguay

perfect would be Iceland or South American team

For me only 4 teams have a good chance to win the cup, in this order: Spain, France, Brazil, Germany.

I don't get the people that say France has more chance than Brazil. Did you guys see how each team has been playing over the last two years??? Brazil is a rampant winning machine with unstoppable Neymar and France has great matches one day then the next struggles against much weaker teams.

Senegal will surprise you will qualify with poland

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't get the people that say France has more chance than Brazil. Did you guys see how each team has been playing over the last two years??? Brazil is a rampant winning machine with unstoppable Neymar and France has great matches one day then the next struggles against much weaker teams.

The thing with world cups is, some teams will fail to deliver when it matters most so the one or other team will disappoint.

Remember Spain in 2014, for example.

Edited by Quasit

I do not watch much football, but I think it's Brazil or maybe Spain. 

Although I would like to see some team like Portugal or Iceland winning the tournament. :fingers:

• Haha 1

So many people believe in Iceland. :d

• Like 1

In my opinion Spain is the favourite but France's ceiling is slightly higher than Brazil's thanks to their individual quality. So with an optimal performance they have a good opportunity to win the tournament. On the other side, France has also a bigger chance to get knocked out quite early if you compare them to Brazil and Germany.

Joking aside, Iceland has no chance to make the last 8.

I'm all in for a new champion (Japan and Iceland are my sentimental favorites, as well as any team from Africa). But I voted for Brazil because I jinx every team I vote for, and I want Brazil to lose as soon as possible so people can forget about football and keep our focus on improving the political situation around here. 

• Like 2

it's the opposit , if you lose in the beginin people will revolt more and more 

In my opinion there are four teams which are clearly above the rest (Brazil, Germany, Spain and France) and coincidentally these four teams are all place in the groups in a way that if they all win their group they will avoid each other until the semifinals. That means that the likelihood of an outsider going all the way to the semis due to very easy opponents (Uruguay 2010 says hello) is relatively low. Still I expect at least on of the four teams to fail earlier. 

The 2nd tier of this tournament is relatively weak as Italy, Netherlands and Chile all would have been there had they qualified. Now I only have England, Belgium and Argentina in that 2nd group although I guess you could include Portugal, Croatia, Colombia and Uruguay in that group as well. 

All in all Brazil are my favorites. I think they are more talanted than Germany and Spain while not having France's issue of not being a strong unity

Even my votes goes to Brazil it will be nice to see some new name on that winner list. Colombia sounds nice