website statistics

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2023

Totallympics

55 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The most embarassing performance of all time. Should just withdraw from the competition today.

Oh come on! England was the toughest rival IMO, so the team should be able to concentrate in defeating the “weak” Chilean and Samoan squads, and go for a decider against Japan.

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Oh come on! England was the toughest rival IMO, so the team should be able to concentrate in defeating the “weak” Chilean and Samoan squads, and go for a decider against Japan.

England had a red card 2 minutes into the match... 

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

The most embarassing performance of all time. Should just withdraw from the competition today.

I spent the first 60 minutes of the match in a pub in Wales.

For the first half everybody was enjoying themselves and cheering Argentina on against the old enemy England.

In the second half everybody was agreeing that Maradona and Messi were useless and everybody in Wales should pretend to be French for the next month.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Without exaggeration, its the worst match of any argentinian team or athlete in years, i couldnt finish watching the match.

Yeah, that was pretty awful for ARG

But i have a feeling your team will bounce back and match against JPN will be very exciting

2022 Football World Cup didn't start well for ARG and then...

I don't say ARG will win the whole thing here ofc but i think they will show some good rugby here against JPN...

13 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Don't underestimate the Samoan team. They got very close to beating the #1 team in the world in their last game.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

The fuck I just saw in my TV :surprise:

They've..em...sharpened it up since then

To understand this entirely, you need to understand the history between Ireland, New Zealand and Munster. It's mythical. The match afterwards was astonishing.

Understand, at this point (2008) the Ireland national team had been playing the All Blacks for 100 years and never beaten them.

Never.

But one Irish team had. In 1978, The All Blacks toured, and decimated everyone in their path - England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales all put to the sword.

Eighteen matches.

Seventeen wins.

One loss.

The loss was to Munster,a provincial Irish team who are the current URC champions. Back then, an amateur side that wasn't even a club side, turned over the unbeatable, undefeated, Grand Slam winning All Blacks 12-0.

The Blacks didn't even score.

The game is mythical in Irish rugby, a miracle that plays have been written about. Much of monsters romantic aura, which matured in their herculean quest to win the European cup, was born in this match.

Fast forward, 30th anniversary. The all blacks came again, and Munster, denuded of its Irish internationals, face the All Blacks again. That's the video above.

New Zealand won this time.

Just.

A last-minute try by Joe Rokokoko to edge the match 18-16, after Barry Murphy's earlier try for Munster, the only try the All Blacks conceded on the entire tour.

Anyway, THIS is how you do Haka.

Edited by mpjmcevoy
adding context