website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

On 8/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, rafalgorka said:

Budapest and athletics WCH now

and in September we go to Jordan :JOR Aqaba, Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea, Amman… should be nice trip!

I should write about tips - this country seems great. Many cheap flights from wizzair to Aqaba for example. 

Edited by Adriano

• 1 month later...

What are your trip plans for 24 if you don’t mind asking? Any places worth recommendations?

we would like to go to Venezuela in Feb but we are not sure it is safe there with this whole Guyana / Essequibo thing… I wonder what our users from America think about it, Brazilian users perhaps will find some spare time to write about it… thanks in advance!

in Sep after Paris Olympics we want to go to Balkans, probably Montenegro , we will see

Florida would be good option as well but we have to avoid the bad weather, hurricans etc… so maybe it’s in 25

Edited by rafalgorka

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

As reported earlier, I’ll be going to Rio and Sao Paolo in mid-June. Also, it’s my last day in Bergen (and on my European trip), as I leave early afternoon tomorrow.

Rio!!! Lucky you… 

that’s our big plan - Rio in 3-4 years time! A bit worried about crime there though

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

No one is coming to Greece? I'm happy to give recommendations :d

I visited last summer :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

47 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

No one is coming to Greece? I'm happy to give recommendations :d

Me and my wife have just visited Athens. :) We had some great days in Athens. First time we visited Greece and got to experience the country. Visit Acropolis and the National Archaeological Museum and other historical sites. Had some really great food experiences. Ate a lot of Greek salad as my wife loves feta and now had the chance to enjoy authentic feta. We experienced that a lot of the restaurants and cafées were very quick to serve our food. Probably the fastest services me and my wife had experienced in all of our vacations. The people of Athens were also very friendly and helpful people. Only downsides were the very narrow streets in som areas of Athens and you have to look out for cars and scooters as they can tend to go a bit fast even in small areas.

Overall a fantastic experience in Athens me and my wife had and would we gladly come back another time and hopefully explore other parts of Greece. 

P. S. A big plus was also the time of the year we traveled to Athens. As it was Februrary, there wasn't too crowded with tourist at the many attractions and sites. The weather was sunny and cloudy with very little rain with temperatures around 14-17 degrees during the day and 7-10 degrees at night. Very decent and pleasant temperatures to walk around in at our stay in Athens. :)

42 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Me and my wife have just visited Athens. :) We had some great days in Athens. First time we visited Greece and got to experience the country. Visit Acropolis and the National Archaeological Museum and other historical sites.

10/10 on architectural planning. I spent a solid hour just looking at the ruins under the museum. Who knew Ancient Greek sewage design could be so interesting? :p

49 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Had some really great food experiences. Ate a lot of Greek salad as my wife loves feta and now had the chance to enjoy authentic feta. We experienced that a lot of the restaurants and cafées were very quick to serve our food. Probably the fastest services me and my wife had experienced in all of our vacations.

I would threaten the national supply of "Gemista" if I ever immigrated to Greece.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 2/25/2024 at 5:13 PM, Wumo said:

Me and my wife have just visited Athens. :) We had some great days in Athens. First time we visited Greece and got to experience the country. Visit Acropolis and the National Archaeological Museum and other historical sites. Had some really great food experiences. Ate a lot of Greek salad as my wife loves feta and now had the chance to enjoy authentic feta. We experienced that a lot of the restaurants and cafées were very quick to serve our food. Probably the fastest services me and my wife had experienced in all of our vacations. The people of Athens were also very friendly and helpful people. Only downsides were the very narrow streets in som areas of Athens and you have to look out for cars and scooters as they can tend to go a bit fast even in small areas.

Overall a fantastic experience in Athens me and my wife had and would we gladly come back another time and hopefully explore other parts of Greece. 

P. S. A big plus was also the time of the year we traveled to Athens. As it was Februrary, there wasn't too crowded with tourist at the many attractions and sites. The weather was sunny and cloudy with very little rain with temperatures around 14-17 degrees during the day and 7-10 degrees at night. Very decent and pleasant temperatures to walk around in at our stay in Athens. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've never been to the National Archaeological Museum. I thought about going last year when I was in Athens but I'm pretty sure it is near a bad area of the city, I'll probably go again later this year so maybe I'll check it out.

Yes, Greeks are not the most careful drivers especially in cities :d

It's too bad if you didn't go to any sporting events while you were there, but next time definitely check out some islands or mainland - northern Greece (Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Mount Olympus, Meteora...)

On 2/25/2024 at 6:09 PM, Olympian1010 said:

10/10 on architectural planning. I spent a solid hour just looking at the ruins under the museum. Who knew Ancient Greek sewage design could be so interesting? :p

I would threaten the national supply of "Gemista" if I ever immigrated to Greece.

Did you have gemista with just rice or with rice and meat? My grandmother made the best one, with rice and meat, but I've found that the vegetarian version is more common in taverns, at least from my experience!