Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SCHEDULE

DAY 8

Friday, May 13th, 2016

16:15 (GMT +3)

PRELIMINARY ROUND - GROUP A

:CZE Czech Republic vs Kazakhstan :KAZ

Referees:  Peter GEBEI (HUN), Timothy MAYER (USA)

Linesmens:  Pasi NIEMINEN (FIN), Peter SEFCIK (SVK)

Line Ups Link, Ice Palace, Moscow

16:15 (GMT +3)

PRELIMINARY ROUND - GROUP B

:USA United States vs Hungary :HUN

Referees:  Roman GOFMAN (RUS), Konstantin OLENIN (RUS)

Linesmens:  Miroslav LHOTSKY (CZE), Sakari SUOMINEN (FIN)

Line Ups Link, Yubileiny, St. Petersburg

20:15 (GMT +3)

PRELIMINARY ROUND - GROUP A

:DEN Denmark vs Latvia :LAT

Referees:  Linus OHLUND (SWE), Marc WIEGAND (SUI)

Linesmens:  Fraser McINTYRE (USA), Alexander OTMAKHOV (RUS)

Line Ups Link TBD, Ice Palace, Moscow

20:15 (GMT +3)

PRELIMINARY ROUND - GROUP B

:GER Germany vs Belarus :BLR

Referees:  Stefan FONSELIUS (FIN), Brett IVERSON (CAN)

Linesmens:  Jon KILIAN (NOR), Andreas MALMQVIST (SWE)

Line Ups Link TBD, Yubileiny, St. Petersburg

* The streams will be geo-blocked in some countries.

** Referees and Line-Ups will be announced usually 3-4 hours before the first match, will be added in the schedule later.

Power Rankings

Czechs rule roost in fourth installment

After demolishing Norway 7-0, the Czechs grab first place in the fourth Power Rankings. Finland is second, while Canada slips to third.

1.  Czech  Czech Republic:  Norway, you make hockey fun :lol:
2.  Finland  Finland:  The Hungarians are better at facial hair
3.  Canada  Canada:  We still have the best-looking Prime Minister
4.  Russia  Russia:  Copenhagen Accord? Hahaha!
5.  Sweden Sweden:  Kazakhstan’s goalie outscored our goalie. Wha?
6.  USA  United States:  Our Wideman has no problem with the refs :d
7.  Suisse  Switzerland:  Have ye forgot all that Ralph taught ye?
8.  Germany  Germany:  It feels wunderbar to not lose 10-0
9.  France France:  In the second period, we went on vacation :d
10.  Slovakia Slovakia:  Is it just us, or is this tournament getting more bogus? :lol:
11.  Kazakhstan  Kazakhstan:  Yes, but our coach can beat up your coach :roflmao:
12.  Denmark Denmark:  Tell those Washington guys to go lie on a beach :lol:
13.  Belarus  Belarus:  Ya gotta play a full 20
14.  Latvia  Latvia:  [Inserts naughtys Latvians wordss]
15.  Norway  Norway:  Edvard Munch, The Scream
16.  Hungary Hungary:  See, kids, hard work doesn’t always pay off

Previous editions:

The Power Rankings are for the enjoyment of IIHF.com readers, and reflect the progress of teams during the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship. They are distinct from the official standings and IIHF World Ranking.

15 hours ago, hckosice said:

yeah, I see. cool. you are absolutely right to be proud of your team, they show great team spirit, and frankly I´m impressed by your skills and your fight in the matches. I think your biggets problem is the lack of experiences, you have still to absorb some lessons how to play those matches, especially you are (it´s only my opinion, so you may be not agrre at all :d) you are too much impatient, you want score much goals early, early as possible, instead your opponents knew how to wait for the best moment and were more patient, for example against France you were great in the start, I see this enthusiasm and how your players wanted to score from each position, in other hand the french were much patient and waited for the right moments and scored the necessary goals. pity for that match, really pitty:( but it´s only with this kind of matches you will reach the needed experiences and next time you should be again some more step better. you definitely have a potential and great team workin. I use many times this word team spirit, teamfighting, because I see it in Germany, Hungary ...in fact in each team here except SVK, we haven´t a TEAM here, they don´t work together, and that´s the main reason why we are so shitty this year, we are not proud of our "team" this year at all...

and second thing. I still didn´t understood why Germany and France are in the same group when both are secured to maintain themselves as next years co-hosts. I think Hungary was robbed by this act. you have very though task this year, not only beat more experienced countries but also pass both lets tell "low ranked" already secured teams.

and yes the match against Finland was great and this goalie Vay was fantastic. thats true. he is so tall. I didn´t believed he´ll be so good at first see, but during the match, I started to be more and more impressed by his skills and efort.

You are right. We don't have NHL or KHL players. Our best players play in the French league and the EBEL. These leagues improved our players, but the NHL and the KHL are a level higher.

The match against France were really important. Maybe that's why our players tried to win that match too soon.

Our fans have passion, but I miss a little firework! :d

7 minutes ago, George_D said:

i think Canada-Finland will be the final

possible, but I still think that Russia will finally somehow reach the final, also don´t forget Czech Republic they are once again in one of their famous "hockey euphorias" this year:d but for sure those 4 teams will be in the semifinals

il y a 7 minutes, hckosice a déclaré:

possible, but I still think that Russia will finally somehow reach the final, also don´t forget Czech Republic they are once again in one of their famous "hockey euphorias" this year:d but for sure those 4 teams will be in the semifinals

As long as Canada is in the final I don't mind the opponent:)

1 minute ago, Canada4thewin said:

As long as Canada is in the final I don't mind the opponent:)

:lol:

well, Canada has huge chance to win the whole tournament, no doubts. the question is what will do Russia, the pressure is enprmous on them this year