website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

19 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

@gvaisakh    The next two weeks are critical for olympic qualification for :IND-   events from 9th june to 20 June to my knowledge ..request you to update first page 

Rio Qualification ( Few  crucial events coming up ) :fingers:- key events 

:fingers: Archery 13th to 18th - Olympic  team qualifier at antalya - Key event for our mens team - Hoping for mens team to qualify 

:fingers: Boxing 16th to 25th - key event for our mens boxers - Hoping for at least 3 qualifiers 

Atheletics -  ( I do not have any confirmation that Indians are participating  but I think they are likely to ) 

• Janusz Memorial at poland -18th June 
  • IAAF world challenge at Bra - 19th Jun

Swimming - 11-12th FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier ( top 10 in each gender qualify we have 3 swimmers in men and no women I think ) - Coming in the top 10 may be quite difficult 

Rio preparation 

Badminton - Australian open 7th to 12th June - Srikant and Saina are in action here 

Shooting - ISSF world cup - San Marino _ the entire team barring a few of our olympic quota holders are here 

Tennis - We will have some of our doubles pairs preparing for wimbledon here 

• Ricoh open -6th to 12th - Bopanna/ Mahut are top seeds in the doubles and have reached the round of 16 ( Edit -  QF) 
  • Halle Open - 13th to 19th June  - Grass 
  • Aegon open 13th to 19th - Key grass preperation for wimbledon 

Golf - Fedex classic 9-12th June , Us Open 16-19th  ( again I am not sure but surely we will have participation in the US open with Anirban  ) 

Hockey -  champions trophy - 10-17 June - May help in improving ranking

Do add any others - 

@tirtha22@gvaisakh

@juddy96@Prashanth@Suneet@Partha_SG @RickygoestoRio@Sanjib@Smit@Prakash@sasidhar@kapil857@Dolby@shrikant

@Harsh Shah 

I was busy relocating. Expecting new broadband to be up by today evening. My mobile net speed is not good. Will do it once the wifi is up

20 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

@gvaisakh    The next two weeks are critical for olympic qualification for :IND-   events from 9th june to 20 June to my knowledge ..request you to update first page 

Rio Qualification ( Few  crucial events coming up ) :fingers:- key events 

:fingers: Archery 13th to 18th - Olympic  team qualifier at antalya - Key event for our mens team - Hoping for mens team to qualify 

:fingers: Boxing 16th to 25th - key event for our mens boxers - Hoping for at least 3 qualifiers 

Atheletics -  ( I do not have any confirmation that Indians are participating  but I think they are likely to ) 

• Janusz Memorial at poland -18th June 
  • IAAF world challenge at Bra - 19th Jun

Swimming - 11-12th FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier ( top 10 in each gender qualify we have 3 swimmers in men and no women I think ) - Coming in the top 10 may be quite difficult 

Rio preparation 

Badminton - Australian open 7th to 12th June - Srikant and Saina are in action here 

Shooting - ISSF world cup - San Marino _ the entire team barring a few of our olympic quota holders are here 

Tennis - We will have some of our doubles pairs preparing for wimbledon here 

• Ricoh open -6th to 12th - Bopanna/ Mahut are top seeds in the doubles and have reached the round of 16 ( Edit -  QF) 
  • Halle Open - 13th to 19th June  - Grass 
  • Aegon open 13th to 19th - Key grass preperation for wimbledon 

Golf - Fedex classic 9-12th June , Us Open 16-19th  ( again I am not sure but surely we will have participation in the US open with Anirban  ) 

Hockey -  champions trophy - 10-17 June - May help in improving ranking

Do add any others - 

@tirtha22@gvaisakh

@juddy96@Prashanth@Suneet@Partha_SG @RickygoestoRio@Sanjib@Smit@Prakash@sasidhar@kapil857@Dolby@shrikant

@Harsh Shah 

Jeev Milka singh will also be seen in US open golf alongside Anirbhan Lahiri 

1 hour ago, Prakash said:

Rohan Bopanna Picks Saketh Myneni Ahead of Leander Paes for Rio Olympics

Revealing his choice of partner for the men's doubles event at the Rio Games, India's tennis star Rohan Bopanna has picked young Saketh Myneni over the legendary Leander Paes on Friday.

In a letter to All India Tennis Association (AITA) on Olympic selection, Bopanna has made his choice of nominating his doubles partner on Saturday.

Meanwhile, even after partnering the world number 1, he can't make it past the quarterfinals at the Ricoh Open, a tournament played on his favourite surface. All talk, no substance!

1 hour ago, Prakash said:

Rohan Bopanna Picks Saketh Myneni Ahead of Leander Paes for Rio Olympics

Revealing his choice of partner for the men's doubles event at the Rio Games, India's tennis star Rohan Bopanna has picked young Saketh Myneni over the legendary Leander Paes on Friday.

In a letter to All India Tennis Association (AITA) on Olympic selection, Bopanna has made his choice of nominating his doubles partner on Saturday.

What a big unnecessary shit! Leander had already played 3 Olympic Games with a medal even before this man turned pro!

It is so shameful to see such a mediocre player deliberately blocking roads for a legend to represent his country in his record 7th Olympics.

Let him go with Saketh. They will crash out in first couple of rounds. AITA now should manage a tripartite invitational quota for Leander with Divij Sharan or some other player and teach this Bopanna guy a lesson!

Leander deserves to go to Olympics not only because he is a legend but also because he is performing as good as Bopanna on circuit. In fact better than him at times, at the age of 43!

15 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Meanwhile, even after partnering the world number 1, he can't make it past the quarterfinals at the Ricoh Open, a tournament played on his favourite surface. All talk, no substance!

Haha :lol:

3 minutes ago, Smit said:

What a big unnecessary shit! Leander had already played 3 Olympic Games with a medal even before this man turned pro!

It is so shameful to see such a mediocre player deliberately blocking roads for a legend to represent his country in his record 7th Olympics.

Let him go with Saketh. They will crash out in first couple of rounds. AITA now should manage a tripartite invitational quota for Leander with Divij Sharan or some other player and teach this Bopanna guy a lesson!

Leander deserves to go to Olympics not only because he is a legend but also because he is performing as good as Bopanna on circuit. In fact better than him at times, at the age of 43!

mr bopanna you dont deserve to wear India colors. you are nothing more than an underachieving stooge of your shitty mentor bhupathi. leander still deserves to be in any men's doubles team India sends. there is no emotion or sentiment in this. its hard cold fact. So AITA should shoot down his proposal. for every other sport - the federations decide the team. why should tennis be any different. And Sania has conveniently forgotten that its leander who forged the partnership of sania and hingis.