website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

As I’ve said before, the only crime that Trump, Sarkozy, Netanyahu, Le Pen, Wilders, Salvini & the Catalan nationalists have ever committed is to make themselves popular by opposing the left.  That’s why they must be imprisoned & excluded from elections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57166735  

Trump can go into as much legal cases as he wants (including keeping on talking about a stolen election... "The crime of the century") but he can't be prosecuted himself? He was a walking hatch act case. Not to mention that he has had plenty of cases against him much before his presidential run. Were they a matter of his political ideas?
You can support them as much as you want, but it's rather worrying if somehow people can be innocent just due to their political views.

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Trump can go into as much legal cases as he wants (including keeping on talking about a stolen election... "The crime of the century") but he can't be prosecuted himself? He was a walking hatch act case. Not to mention that he has had plenty of cases against him much before his presidential run. Were they a matter of his political ideas?
You can support them as much as you want, but it's rather worrying if somehow people can be innocent just due to their political views.

It is not, and never has been, a crime to say an election is illegitimate. It’s been a routine part of politics for centuries. 

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

It is not, and never has been, a crime to say an election is illegitimate. It’s been a routine part of politics for centuries. 

I am not saying that it's a crime (but he keeps it going and accuses others of doing criminal stuff (Crime of the century is his words)). It's more of a terrible cultural problem (thank god we don't have that here in Denmark)

But he can accuse but not be accused? That's just hypocrisy. There are plenty of things to worry about in the US (and other countries mentioned) and the Dems are in no way saints but if a case is automatically illegitimate due to being targeted at a right wing politician, something is terribly wrong (and don't give me that communism BS)

2 hours ago, Agger said:

I am not saying that it's a crime (but he keeps it going and accuses others of doing criminal stuff (Crime of the century is his words)). It's more of a terrible cultural problem (thank god we don't have that here in Denmark)

But he can accuse but not be accused? That's just hypocrisy. There are plenty of things to worry about in the US (and other countries mentioned) and the Dems are in no way saints but if a case is automatically illegitimate due to being targeted at a right wing politician, something is terribly wrong (and don't give me that communism BS)

He is accusing the Dems of electoral fraud but he can’t punish them & did not try to punish them when he had power. The Dems are seeking criminal charges which could lead to his imprisonment. That’s the difference,

And I am sure that even in Denmark you have Maoist, Anarchist, Islamist etc groups who do not recognize the validity of elections.

11 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

He is accusing the Dems of electoral fraud but he can’t punish them & did not try to punish them when he had power. The Dems are seeking criminal charges which could lead to his imprisonment. That’s the difference,

And I am sure that even in Denmark you have Maoist, Anarchist, Islamist etc groups who do not recognize the validity of elections.

No. Just tries to punish people voting for the dems by making it harder. But that's not really new to the Republicans who care more about winning than whether it's actually democratic.

Trump still has faced up to 4000 lawsuits. Don't claim that he has never been guilty of anything.

And sure, there's a single islamist or two trying to stop people from voting and some people from the wings as well. But that's more at a general sense than the stupidity going on i the US and they never get any followers to their non-democratic ideas.

On 19/05/2021 at 05:50, Grassmarket said:

I usually never come to this topic because I get easily disgusted, but now that I'm here, I have to ask: accusation without any sort of supporting evidence would not be categorized as, or akin to, a crime per se?

False reports or accusations of rape eventually lead to the prosecution of those who falsely claimed to be the victims. Shouldn't it be the same here? Isn't it common sense? Or are we simply going to ignore this as part of the political game and move on as if he has every right to do it?