website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

North Korea is so far back economically nobody would be willing to spend all the money to shorten the gap between them and even South Korea in case the communist regimes goes down. It just doesn't make sense. Look at Germany, 30 years after the fall of DDR, East German lands are still believed to be the "poor" ones compared to the rich GDR in the West. And that's with all the EU support and all that. I read an article few years ago where it states the world doesn't really want North Korea to become democratic because it would take an absurd ammount to make to help them so it's better the communists stick around while under sustained pressure from China. This also belefits China, they can manipulate the Western world by supressing Kim's ambitions while being granted the international free market leeways.

I heard one saying in South Korea, every Korean wants unification, just not in my generation. 

Alleged drug trafficker gets appointed minister in Venezuela.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-oil-minister/venezuela-appoints-alleged-drug-trafficker-el-aissami-as-oil-minister-idUSKCN2292TR

I'm getting some major AIBA vibes here.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Over the last few days, Biden seems to have gotten himself embroiled in a sexual misconduct scandal. I mean seriously, how the fuck is he the best candidate?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Over the last few days, Biden seems to have gotten himself embroiled in a sexual misconduct scandal. I mean seriously, how the fuck is he the best candidate?

Because he is pals with Obama. I won’t be surprised if he withdraws from the race before elections. That makes his VP choice even more important. My gut feeling: Michelle vs Trump in November with landslide for Michelle. 

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Because he is pals with Obama. I won’t be surprised if he withdraws from the race before elections. That makes his VP choice even more important. My gut feeling: Michelle vs Trump in November with landslide for Michelle. 

Odds of 100 or even 150 for Michelle Obama to win the presidential elections....I'd know what I would do if my gut was telling me that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

That would be against our reelection laws, so I don’t think that will happen (unless it happens in the next month or so). I don’t think Michelle has an interest, or she would have run. She would have walked straight to the nomination had she ran. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Justin Amash will attempt to run as the libertarian candidate. He’s the one the strongly anti-Trump Republican in the House of Representatives. He could have enough sway in the Great Lakes states to hand Trump the nomination. I fully expect the Green and Libertarian Parties to get more votes than usual for the second election in row, unless the left somehow unites behind Biden. 

I still wish California was its own state. We’re too left for our own major national party now, and that divide will only continue to grow. The majority of our congressional reps supported the Sanders candidacy. I’d say a good majority of representatives are more qualified to be president than any of the presidential candidates. I can only hope Calexit is on the ballot in 2022 or 2024.

Kentucky governor doesn't know there are other Tupac Shakurs in the world. It's good to know Democrats can make such blunders too. If Trump did this, he'd be vilified by the progressive band as racist most likely :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52475104

44 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Kentucky governor doesn't know there are other Tupac Shakurs in the world. It's good to know Democrats can make such blunders too. If Trump did this, he'd be vilified by the progressive band as racist most likely :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52475104

Yeah, it’s one of the things I hate about the American left. We are quite hypocritical. We’ll rail against the allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against Trump, but the person claiming Biden violated them is clearly a liar. :wacko:

The Polish presidential elections: 

End of March:

Ruling Party - "We are thinking of postponing the elections, because of safety from COVID." 

Opposition - "How dare you remove democratic elections, you want dictatorship like Putin, Erdogan" 

End of April:

Ruling Party - "We are going to have the elections on may 10th"

Opposition - "How dare you want to have elections, risking the population's health with COVID

Real textbook politics, if it's true :d

They talked about them on a political show here, and that the elections were going to be mail only (?), and the opposition (Left?) didn't want that, because of frauds. 

Quite strange, because aren't the Left parties in Europe the one who are always advocating for mail voting?