website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I absolutely refuse to consider NY Times fake news. They might have a slight bias people don’t like personally, but they are very much legitimate news. They score under fact reporting and reputable on all media charts. 

It's true. I just combine them based on their views. I have to say NY times reporting fact despite the views and comments.

I think the biggest issue that journalism has been tainted from within, and from outside. The biggest issue in journalism is these giant “media” companies that aren’t actually here to report facts, but rather sell information. Companies like FOX for example aren’t even filed as editorials, they are filed as Entertainment companies. Of course the government has no issue with them passing off as news because they agree with one of the two major parties. Plus, they bring on mostly political pundits (and this goes for MSNBC, CNN, etc.) that just talk crap. Those aren’t actually journalists. The proper is the definition of what is a journalist has become blurred. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And there we have it, Michigan Governor (Democrat) says "Not every sexual assault claim is equal" :p  So much for the support of women when it's your political candidate on fire :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/03/gretchen-whitmer-backs-joe-biden-sexual-assault

Guess the whole MeToo crap is going down the drain and even left-wingers know it (not to mention The Guardian got duped by the Wikileaks before). Now the White House can cite MeToo to blast Biden and it's not what the liberals want to hear. Good riddance, it was obvious from Day 1 that MeToo will be used as political tool and now the liberals are getting whacked by the same weapon they thought they will run conservatives out of town. Can they spell irony?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/02/joe-biden-tara-reade-allegations-metoo-trump

Again, not all people on the left feel that way. I totally agree that the Democratic Party has lost any high ground it had on the issue. 

I still think that we should encourage people to come forward with information, details, and experiences of sexual assault is a good thing. The metoo movement did a lot of good. Plus, it empowered woman, and made people more educated about sexual assault. Obviously it got ultra political and unfortunately hyper partisan, but I think going forward, more people will feel confident to say when they are a victim or rape or not their sexual abuse.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Again, not all people on the left feel that way. I totally agree that the Democratic Party has lost any high ground it had on the issue. 

I still think that we should encourage people to come forward with information, details, and experiences of sexual assault is a good thing. The metoo movement did a lot of good. Plus, it empowered woman, and made people more educated about sexual assault. Obviously it got ultra political and unfortunately hyper partisan, but I think going forward, more people will feel confident to say when they are a victim or rape or not their sexual abuse.

Right. Just make sure you don't wait 27 or 38 years to report rape because they will laugh you out in court. Obviously in politics throwing dirt is standard procedure so you can build a capital based on lies from three decades ago :p To quote a classic, Who needs evidence in politics?

MeToo is heading down the same trashcan the WikiLeaks craze did a while back :bye:

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Right. Just make sure you don't wait 27 or 38 years to report rape because they will laugh you out in court. Obviously in politics throwing dirt is standard procedure so you can build a capital based on lies from three decades ago :p To quote a classic, Who needs evidence in politics?

MeToo is heading down the same trashcan the WikiLeaks craze did a while back :bye:

Yes, MeToo has surely been used by some people for personal/political gains. I even know somebody who has been a target for these reasons, but ignoring the positive effects of the movement is just stupidity!

25 minutes ago, Agger said:

Yes, MeToo has surely been used by some people for personal/political gains. I even know somebody who has been a target for these reasons, but ignoring the positive effects of the movement is just stupidity!

The positive effects don't have a long-lasting effect which actually fits the current short attention span generation. US movie industry is liberal and pro-Democrat enough without the extra MeToo boost. No offense but Alyssa Milano and Winona Ryder are yesterday's news. California & Hollywood are sliding towards isolated island of progressive joy. The entire left-wing has swung towards ideological wars and battles who is progressive & liberal enough. This comes at cost of losing the blue-collar workers who don't care about ideology but workers' rights & salary. That's why the Rust Belt gave Trump the decisive edge over Hilary Clinton in 2016 and it will happen again later this year. That's why Labour can't win a damn thing in UK anymore and is losing votes to Conservatives in the North East. Margaret Thatcher must be rolling in laughter in her grave :p

So apparently there was some private military group hired by someone to launch a coup against Maduro. They were confronted before they even got into Venezuela. From what I’ve read, 6 dead, and a few more captured (including 2 Americans). This story is confusing and just breaking, so I don’t know how true any of that is.