website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

The Polish presidential elections: 

End of March:

Ruling Party - "We are thinking of postponing the elections, because of safety from COVID." 

Opposition - "How dare you remove democratic elections, you want dictatorship like Putin, Erdogan" 

End of April:

Ruling Party - "We are going to have the elections on may 10th"

Opposition - "How dare you want to have elections, risking the population's health with COVID

Real textbook politics, if it's true :d

They talked about them on a political show here, and that the elections were going to be mail only (?), and the opposition (Left?) didn't want that, because of frauds. 

Quite strange, because aren't the Left parties in Europe the one who are always advocating for mail voting?

The opposition who doesn't want the elections are the anti-communist right who took on a liberal mask over the last decade. Their candidate wants people to boycott the elections. The genuine post-communist left actually stands put by the elections if they happen. Their candidate doesn't call for a boycott.

Katie Porter makes me proud to be Southern Californian. She is the example all politicians should live up to. It’s clear that she cares about all of her constituents, and that her polices are driven by fact and not random ass opinions or religion. I’m going to write her name down on my ballot in November (and hope she wins her house race).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1274661/donald-trump-Kim-Jong-un-dead-health-updates-news-north-Korea-latest-white-house-briefing

Donald Trump responds to Kim Jong-un death rumours - and says he knows the TRUTH

At the White House yesterday, the US President hinted he may still be alive after he told a press conference that he wishes Kim Jong-un well, following days of speculation about the leader’s health. Some reports have suggested that Kim had died after undergoing heart surgery earlier this month, however, this has also been counteracted with denial from Kim’s aides and South Korean press.

Trump responded to a reporter's question about Kim’s well being by dismissing the notion that he is dead.

"I can’t tell you exactly. Yes, I do have a very good idea,” he said.

“But I can’t talk about it, I just wish him well. I’ve had a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un.”

He also refused to answer if Kim had replied to a letter sent to the North Korean leader back in March.

Trump hit back: “If I wasn't president, you would have been in war with Korea,

"You would have been in war with North Korea if I wasn't president.

"That I can tell you. He expected that. That I can tell you.

It comes as South Korea foreign policy adviser Chung in Moon said that Kim was “alive and well” and his government’s position is that the leader is not dead.

The advisor told Fox: “No suspicious movements have so far been detected.”

Trump responded to the comments made by Chung-in by saying “He didn’t say anything last Saturday,” Trump said of Kim.

“Nobody knows where he is so he obviously couldn’t have said it,” Trump added.

Trump seemed to be referring to Kim's message to workers in the country published in North Korean state-media Sunday but it was not immediately clear.

Rumours swirled about Kim’s death over the weekend after a TV director commented on the subject.

Hong Kong TV director Shijian Xingzou who has 15 million followers on Chinese social media Weibo released a report on the death which spread the theory Kim had died.

A Japanese media outlet also claimed that Kim was in a “vegetative state” after his surgery.

Backing up the denial of the leader’s death is a North Korean journalist, who wrote a social media post that he had zero trust in the reports.

He wrote: “The health of the Kim family is the secret among secrets."

In a bit of other news, Germany has joined the list of countries who have designated Hezbollah (not only the military wing, but the entire organization) as a terrorist organization.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In a bit of other news, Germany has joined the list of countries who have designated Hezbollah (not only the military wing, but the entire organization) as a terrorist organization.

Really every Lebanese political party (Christian and Muslim) should be designated as so for their role in gun proliferation in the Lebanon...

Hezbollah needs to go for sure.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Joe Biden has been sucked into his own sexual misconduct scandal - this from "only" 27 years ago so not as bad as Brett Kavanaugh :lol:

I smell another pack of lies. Where this woman was when Biden was a VP for instance?

I'm not surprised the progressive liberals tried to sweep it under the rug though.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-claim-democrats

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/24/joe-biden-sexual-assault-claim-tara-reade-deserves-to-be-heard-katie-halper

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Joe Biden has been sucked into his own sexual misconduct scandal - this from "only" 27 years ago so not as bad as Brett Kavanaugh :lol:

I smell another pack of lies. Where this woman was when Biden was a VP for instance?

I'm not surprised the progressive liberals tried to sweep it under the rug though.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-claim-democrats

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/24/joe-biden-sexual-assault-claim-tara-reade-deserves-to-be-heard-katie-halper

Oh believe some parts of the party are furious with the way the left has handled this. I’m embarrassed honestly. There’s no way, I vote for him in the election. I can’t support the party he’s running. I’m sorry, but he’s just Trump, but a little further left, and just barely more with it.

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh believe some parts of the party are furious with the way the left has handled this. I’m embarrassed honestly. There’s no way, I vote for him in the election. I can’t support the party he’s running. I’m sorry, but he’s just Trump, but a little further left, and just barely more with it.

Welcome to real life, sexual desire is universal for humans regardless of the political opinions. Though I can imagine the progressive liberals would only like to think conservatives and Trump supporters are the only ones who can behave that way and the Democrats are too perfect to exist. If this happened to a GOP candidate, New York Times & co. would be all over it. It's funny such a left-wing tube like The Guardian has to make a stance and ditch the usual political lines to make liberals look at least awkward.

It is what it is, those liberals who wouldn't have voted for Biden anyway won't change their mind now. All those who stay at home actually help Trump. It seems to me Republicans are not as divided as Democrats and people will vote for him because he represents the party even if they dislike Trump himself. Those Democrats who dislike Biden simply won't vote for him and that's the end of it.