website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

4 hours ago, canadafan2024 said:

Pictograms and "look of the games"

https://www.paris2024.org/en/pictograms/

I don’t like the “reverse/mirror” thing. It made them a little bit confusing. Other than that I think they can say they made something different.

Although artistic swimming could be a little sexist or non inclusive, coming from the “progressive” IOC leadership

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I don’t like the “reverse/mirror” thing. It made them a little bit confusing. Other than that I think they can say they made something different.

Although artistic swimming could be a little sexist or non inclusive, coming from the “progressive” IOC leadership

Hong-Kong as pictogram from Surfing or Helipad for Trampoline 

Paris2024-PICTOGRAM-KV-allpicto-EN_OLY-1

4 hours ago, canadafan2024 said:

It’s a shame those got leaked early by accident. While I’m not sold on the pictograms yet, it is nice to finally see some more innovation there after the last few Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

just a little bit ? :d I couldn't recognize half of them immediately . even wrestling :d

I spent WAY too much time trying to figure these out when they were leaked, so I agree they're not great that way. I think they look good once you know what they are though, I'm waiting to see them on all of the merchandise which should be coming soon.

some of them are very intelligible (and I like them), some others are just incomprehensible (and I don't like them, despite the effort of the designers).

my top picks are Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Track Cycling, Fencing and Rowing.

I also appreciate Boxing, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Tennis and Weightlifting.

anything else is from meh! to WTF is that?

34 minutes ago, phelps said:

anything else is from meh! to WTF is that?

What about sport climbing? It stands out well, and it is probably my favorite of the bunch.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well a few of them are really more helpful and intuitive than the traditional ones (cycling road/track, rowing, canoeing). 50% of them contains unnecessary confusion while the reminder are "excuse me wtf is that".

Badminton looks 500% cooler here, hopefully can help the reduce the backyard sport stigma

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

just a little bit ? :d I couldn't recognize half of them immediately . even wrestling :d

Well, let’s say it was 11:00 am for me, so I was trying to still be optimistic.

12 hours later, I still mantain they’re not bad, just different of what we have been used to, that is anthropomorphic images.