website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

16 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I don't understand the Cyrillic alphabet

You can add text in translator (pdf) it translate mosty correctly, I am using phone right now and it is hard to copy that. The names are mostly well translate from cyrilic alphabet. It is Ukrainian language. 

1 hour ago, maestro said:

You are allowed to bring up to two relay only swimmers for each qualified relay. 

In Ireland's case and supposing the medlay relay won't swim, you have one relay team and the two relay only swimmers, who will be McGeever and McMillan.

The other two spots in this relay team must be filled by swimmers who have qualified individually. 

Hyland might have been given an invitation to swim the 200 fly with an OST, as his 1.56.55 best time is very close to the 1.56.48 OQT. If that's the case, he and Ryan will swim in individual events and can complete the lineup for the relay. The total swimmers, though, will be nine and not ten.

Yes that’s exactly it, Brendan Hyland achieved the OST and was invited by FINA so he and Shane Ryan will swim the relay along with the 2 relay-only swimmers (McMillan and McKeever).

Swim Ireland said that Hyland was the only invitation they received from FINA for an OST swimmer and that was fortunate as it allowed them to participate in the relay. It was also fortunate for Hyland as Swim Ireland said in any other circumstance they wouldn’t have accepted any OST invitation from FINA :d 

1 hour ago, maestro said:

You are allowed to bring up to two relay only swimmers for each qualified relay. 

In Ireland's case and supposing the medlay relay won't swim, you have one relay team and the two relay only swimmers, who will be McGeever and McMillan.

The other two spots in this relay team must be filled by swimmers who have qualified individually. 

Hyland might have been given an invitation to swim the 200 fly with an OST, as his 1.56.55 best time is very close to the 1.56.48 OQT. If that's the case, he and Ryan will swim in individual events and can complete the lineup for the relay. The total swimmers, though, will be nine and not ten.

Yes that's it exactly. They explained it on the Swim Ireland website. Hyland was the only OST swimmer invited and if he did not go we would have no relay team. :IRL does not normally accept OST invites.

Our appeal on the 4 x 100 medley relay obviously went nowhere....as I expected.

:CZE CZECH REPUBLIC (Update 2020/07/07)

117 Athletes

Archery - 1

Athletics - 30

Basketball - 12

Canoeing - 8
Cycling - 7

Equestrian - 6

Fencing - 2

Golf - 2

Gymnastics - 2

Judo - 2

Modern Pentathlon - 2

Rowing - 7

Sailing - 1

Shooting - 8

Sport Climbing - 1

Swimming - 9

Table Tennis - 3

Tennis - 6

Triathlon - 2

Beach Volleyball - 4

Weightlifting - 1

Wrestling - 1

Just now, Jan Linha said:

:CZE CZECH REPUBLIC (Update 2020/07/07)

117 Athletes

Archery - 1

Athletics - 30

Basketball - 12

Canoeing - 8
Cycling - 7

Equestrian - 6

Fencing - 2

Golf - 2

Gymnastics - 2

Judo - 2

Modern Pentathlon - 2

Rowing - 7

Sailing - 1

Shooting - 8

Sport Climbing - 1

Swimming - 9

Table Tennis - 3

Tennis - 6

Triathlon - 2

Beach Volleyball - 4

Weightlifting - 1

Wrestling - 1

it's official ?

Just now, Benolympique said:

it's official ?

Yes, it is official. It was 116 but today confirmed tennis player Tomáš Mácháč..... Background information speaks about some reallocations in athletics and swimming invitations as COC is trying to reach number of 120 athletes. But I guess we have to wait at least till this Friday. But as for now, the number 117 is official. 

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Yes, it is official. It was 116 but today confirmed tennis player Tomáš Mácháč..... Background information speaks about some reallocations in athletics and swimming invitations as COC is trying to reach number of 120 athletes. But I guess we have to wait at least till this Friday. But as for now, the number 117 is official. 

thanks ! I added