website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldnt call Germany vs. France a final before a final, i dont think that anyone can stop Italy here. Do you know if France/Italy/Serbia are missing any of their best players? Germany is missing Hartenstein and Bonga both due to injury, both apart from that we are playing with our best team.

Not so fast.

Serbia beats Italy in overtime to cliinch finals.

1 hour ago, nenad said:

Not so fast.

Serbia beats Italy in overtime to cliinch finals.

Great result for your team, so Italy wont defend their title from 2014.

At the moment we are destroying France (60:30 before the last quarter), although our 2 best players here (Mushidi and Freudenberg) are playing pretty bad so far.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, dareza said:

Dino Radoncic is not in Serbian team and he is so far best. But it is not sure that he will play for Serbia this summer. There is possibility that he will be in Spainsh team.

Its really disgusting that Spain is "buying" tons of athletes in all sports. I think they are the 3rd worst european nation, only behind Turkey and Azerbaijan. If you also take the big doping scandal a couple of years ago into account, then there is absolutely no reason to be a fan of spanish sport. They did the same with Mirotic and they will probably try the same with talents like Doncic. So far only one german talent has been bought by Spain (Nicola Kuhn in tennis) and i am happy that Mushidi or Hartenstein dont play in Spain, otherwise they would probably also try to buy them, although they have absolutely no connection to Spain. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 / 1  for :ITA  teams

Openjobmetis Varese :yes will be at Final 4 of FIBA Europe Cup (will join Fraport Skyliners/GER, BC Enisey/RUS and Elan Chalon/FRA)

The Final Four will take place from 29 April to 1 May, with the tournament host set to be announced in the coming days.

Dolomiti Energia Trento :( lost -8 and are out of Uleb Eurocup (won +6 in leg 1)

The final will be played (22 and 27 April) between Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul/TUR vs Strasbourg/FRA

Latvia has announced its preliminary squad for qualifying tournament in Belgrade

http://www.fiba.com/oqt/serbia/2016/news/latvia-include-porzingis-in-preliminary-squad-for-belgrade-oqt

It includes Porzingis and Davis Bertans even though they are not confirmed yet. I think Bertans will play for sure if he doesn't have to go to USA, his rights are being held by the Spurs and he did have two ACL injuries. For Porzingis I don't know. I hope he plays.

In other news, after Eurocup yesterday, Euroleague will end today before playoffs start. There is complete lunacy in one of the groups and in the other almost everything is solved. Also, worth noticing, Vilanova beat North Carolina in terrific finish in NCAA tournament final, NBA is in its final week before playoffs, Golden State needs to win out to break Bulls 1996-97 record, tonight are playing Spurs and they play them again on Sunday. And of course great Allen Iverson has been selected to the Naismith Hall of Fame along with Shaq, Yao Ming, Sheryl Swoops, Tom Izzo (coach of Michigan State University) and Jerry Reinsdorf into contributors category (he was owner of the Bulls from 1985 and during their 6 titles in mid 90es).

On 13.4.2016. at 11:33 AM, dareza said:

Euroleague 1/4

Fener-Real 1:0

CSKA-Crvena-Zvezda 1:0

today:

Lokomotiv-Barcelona

Laboral-Panathinaikos

Lokomotiv and Laboral now have 1:0...

top 5 players after first 1/4:

1.Teodosic

2.Raduljica

3.Randolph

4.Bourousis

5.Hines/Bogdanovic/James

Im soo happy that Serbian players are in amazing shape. Here and in NBA. :cheer: