website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, rybak said:

But he lost to Iranian :rolleyes:

It's rare that i cheer for Iran but i will 😉

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

we have an entry in 57kg draw :d the only available wrestler, and he is now waiting for a ticket to make it to Paris in time tomorrow morning. and he got the best guy in the draw for the first round. I wouldn't accept the quota to be honest, even if he makes on the mat he will lose badly. 

but today was good in general so far. Mohmadi had two easy wins but Esmaeili did something extraordinary and dominated the Olympic Champion Luis Orta. 

That was a sweet revenge for this accident couple months ago 

Vinesh :INDwon clean and fair till reaching finals. Yet she is being ripped off the medal 🏅 due to this 2nd weigh-in rule. Do you think this rule needs to be ammended. What is the logic of cancelling all her achievements that she had achieved when she was within the weight limits during 1st weigh in?

6 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Vinesh :INDwon clean and fair till reaching finals. Yet she is being ripped off the medal 🏅 due to this 2nd weigh-in rule. Do you think this rule needs to be ammended. What is the logic of cancelling all her achievements that she had achieved when she was within the weight limits during 1st weigh in?

It definitely needs to change. It's such a Bs rule.

33 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

But WFI official said that this rule needs to be implemented more strictly in near future :dunno:

I agree with their logic. Wrestlers cutting down their weight so rapidly is very unhealthy and this isn't a small amount, she cut around 13%.

Wrestlers should compete near their actual weight, so in her case, 57kg.

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I agree with their logic. Wrestlers cutting down their weight so rapidly is very unhealthy and this isn't a small amount, she cut around 13%.

Wrestlers should compete near their actual weight, so in her case, 57kg.

that was the reason UWW changed the weight-in rules, made it twice in the competition day morning (it was the day before the competition until few years ago)

but it's really hard or even impossible to change a culture. cutting weight like that was always a part of wrestling. 

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that was the reason UWW changed the weight-in rules, made it twice in the competition day morning (it was the day before the competition until few years ago)

but it's really hard or even impossible to change a culture. cutting weight like that was always a part of wrestling. 

No doubt there will be some adjustments from the wrestlers and we'll probably see athletes still cut a couple of kilos for each competition, but it will at least get rid of these extreme scenarios.