website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

:CHN - :NED 11-15

Felt like two matches in one: CHN outperformed NED in the first half, but in the second half they barely scored.

Score 1st half: 8-5

Score 2nd half: 3-10 

China really played good waterpolo in the first half. But fortunately :NED played way better in the second half. But I understand now why :AUS was struggling so much ... :CHN really improved the last months. 

Spain winning against USA was not a real surprise for me. The real surprise was :FRA beating :ITA with 9:8.

17 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

:FRA 9 - 8 :ITA :wacko::wacko:

It's like Italy beating France in women's handball. The Italian team, on the other hand, has been very strange in recent years. It can play great matches and also suffer incomprehensible defeats, like today. Spain, Holland, or the USA never fall below a certain level.

5 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It's like Italy beating France in women's handball. The Italian team, on the other hand, has been very strange in recent years. It can play great matches and also suffer incomprehensible defeats, like today. Spain, Holland, or the USA never fall below a certain level.

Yes, I was surprised given our level in water polo and hockey, where these sports are all minor in France

The Italian team is terribly unpredictable and inconsistent. In addition, Greece plays very poorly here. In the friendly match before the Olympics, we also won by a large margin against Greece. Now Greece must win against France by at least 5 goals to advance from the group?

As of now:

- Italy: +3,
- France: +1,
- Greece: -4.

Of course, assuming that Italy loses in the last match against Spain in regular time.