website statistics

Surfing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Laraja said:

ISA and IOC chose Teahupoo to host Surfing, because the great waves.

Then, they decided to call the conpetition on, in these conditions. Simply pathetic.

Yeah, the sea is completly flat, horrible to watch.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

If you’re finding it boring, then don’t watch it? 

this is the end of the day and there is nothing else to watch (except football which I'm watching on the other screen)

I watch every singly Olympic final (as much as I can of course) but it doesn't mean I enjoy watching all of them. and Surfing is definitely in the very bottom of my list. 

I seriously try to enjoy every single Olympic sport but some of them are simply impossible to watch.

10 minutes ago, Laraja said:

ISA and IOC chose Teahupoo to host Surfing, because the great waves.

Then, they decided to call the conpetition on, in these conditions. Simply pathetic.

This is the last day of the waiting period so… not much of a choice.

10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

This is the last day of the waiting period so… not much of a choice.

I know it. But that is the problem, they had many other options. They could have ended it two days ago, when the waves were massive.

They could have delayed it a little bit, because looks the waves will improve later, or maybe just fucked up with this window, and just selected a better day for competitions.

It should be a great show of surfing, because it usually is in Teahupoo, but they are simply wasting another opportunity to show Surfing, in the Olympics, with these pathetic men's semifinals.

wow Medina lost?. Guess Peru will bite the dust yet again now.

Brazil having a lot of trouble to get golds. Weston will have to neutralize this deficit. Only the volleyball women (x2) and Queiroz left as realistic chances I think.

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

wow Medina lost?. Guess Peru will bite the dust yet again now.

Brazil having a lot of trouble to get golds. Weston will have to neutralize this deficit. Only the volleyball women (x2) and Queiroz left as realistic chances I think.

And Ana Marcela in the open water. Anyway, who knows? Our two gold medals so far were not expected by anyone, maybe more will come along like these.