website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, RussB said:

I think from what we have seen over the past 12 months, Popovici should certainly not have the favourite tag for the 200. It’s a very open event, I think I’d want to be with Richards but I’m biased being British. 

Popovici has been looking more like his 2022 self so far this season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USA ALWAYS rise up for the Olympics,but I think its clear that both Australia and China will challenge them.

If China flop,then the USA will no doubt take full advantage especially on the Men's side.

8 minutes ago, RussB said:

I think from what we have seen over the past 12 months, Popovici should certainly not have the favourite tag for the 200. It’s a very open event, I think I’d want to be with Richards but I’m biased being British. 

As for the 200 IM. It’s stacked. Duncan getting close to the BR at trials in a very quick time makes me feel confident he is going to show up at the games.

i can’t wait, just been notified my tickets for one of the finals nights is in the fan section (which i interpret as being with noisy crazy other fans!) so that should be lots of fun 🤣

ps. britains best chance for an individual win might well actually be Peaty. It’s a 2 man race and depending on Qin’s form it may look like a toss up by the time we get to Paris. Peaty continuing to improve and clocked a 57.9 at British trials. The 200m free by its nature is open so chances of a win can’t get up to 50% I doubt even though we have two bullets to fire!

Actually,I think you are right

Peaty is the best chance for GB and Qin could burst or bust.

Just now, dantm said:

Actually,I think you are right

Peaty is the best chance for GB and Qin could burst or bust.

I think Qin is an absolute beast over 200 when you look at his stroke. Over 100 though I do wonder if he has the capability to get down to a low 57 which I think is what it will take to beat Adam. Either way it’ll be a fascinating race to watch, especially the story behind Adam’s comeback is compelling. 

7 minutes ago, dullard said:

Popovici has been looking more like his 2022 self so far this season.

That’s fair, he looked very ordinary (by his insanely high standards) through the back end of 2023. Still young, as is Matt - I think you’re going to have to go 1 43 in Paris to win.

7 minutes ago, dullard said:

There'd be a lot of American tears if this happened.

Which events would the US likely win that I haven't listed?

Maybe Dressel could back to form but that's a huge IF,based on his situation over the past 3 years

Regan Smith maybe,but Kaylee doesn't show any signs of losing to anyone.

Summer will take "normal" US Golds as will Marchand.

Could be tough for the US

11 minutes ago, dantm said:

Which events would the US likely win that I haven't listed?

Maybe Dressel could back to form but that's a huge IF,based on his situation over the past 3 years

Regan Smith maybe,but Kaylee doesn't show any signs of losing to anyone.

Summer will take "normal" US Golds as will Marchand.

Could be tough for the US

Oh I'm not criticising your predictions but such an outcome would be a colossal failure from their perspective.

Medal table based on your predictions:

Screenshot_2024-04-26_11-51-20.png

5 hours ago, dullard said:

Oh I'm not criticising your predictions but such an outcome would be a colossal failure from their perspective.

Medal table based on your predictions:

Screenshot_2024-04-26_11-51-20.png

Kós Hubert Hungary

Not having Daniel Wiffen medalling in either the 800 or the 1500 is a bold prediction in my view given what he did the WR in the 800 (short course).

Britain will be aiming for 9-10 medals so a return of 4 would be very disappointing. Mens medley and mixed medley fortunes are drastically improved by the progression of Ollie Morgan and Peaty. The 4x100 free team could challenge the US for gold given the level seen at trials.