website statistics

Shooting ISSF Rifle & Pistol Final World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

50m Rifle - 3 Positions 

There are 5 shooters in the final who already earned the quota. So 2 quota places will be decided between :NOR Ole Martin Halvorsen, :GBR Michael Bargeron and :SUI Jan Lochbihler 

Really a bad joke that already qualified shooters take part in this qualification tournament. :image:

15 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Really a bad joke that already qualified shooters take part in this qualification tournament. :image:

I was also surprised. But if ISSF approved it, I guess some of them take it as a "training" for the Olympic tournament and I guess some federations might have it as an internal qualification tournament in order to decide who will take the Olympic quota. 

28 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Thanks god ! china india and some top shooters aren’t here otherwise we would have all 8 qouta holder in final.

Edited by Prakash_k

34 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

50m Rifle - 3 Positions 

There are 5 shooters in the final who already earned the quota. So 2 quota places will be decided between :NOR Ole Martin Halvorsen, :GBR Michael Bargeron and :SUI Jan Lochbihler 

Considering the form he's been in I'm very surprised to see Bargeron here. Hopefully he can capitalise on the ISSF mishandling of this qualifier and earn us not only an unexpected shooting quota but an unexpected mixed rifle quota as well. 

I'm also surprised, qualified athletes actually made the trip to Brazil. If there was a World Cup event in Brazil in the coming weeks it would be one thing, but now they need to fly back to Europe for events in May (or back to their home nation). Flying to South America is quite expensive.

Seems like a waste of money considering they have two more World Cup events to practice before the Olympics.

1 hour ago, Mecki83 said:

Same as in basketball and football.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.