website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

My personal guess Chinese OG men's team: 61kg Li Fabin, 73kg Shi Zhiyong, 102kg Liu Huanhua. There is no too much dispute. The only thing uncertain is the back and shoulder injury status of 73kg Shi Zhiyong and 89kg Li Dayin. If no big progress made before the register deadline, Shi should be selected.

20 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

My personal guess Chinese OG men's team: 61kg Li Fabin, 73kg Shi Zhiyong, 102kg Liu Huanhua. There is no too much dispute. The only thing uncertain is the back and shoulder injury status of 73kg Shi Zhiyong and 89kg Li Dayin. If no big progress made before the register deadline, Shi should be selected.

And for women's team?  I ask especially because for us Brazilians, the 71kg athlete not going opens up an Olympic quota for us!

Edited by gucardn

12 minutes ago, gucardn said:

And for women's team?  I ask especially because for us Brazilians, the 71kg athlete not going opens up an Olympic quota for us!

Not sure about Women's team because 81kg and 89kg+ are not competed yet. If China win both golds of 81kg and 89kg+, then China will select 59kg, 81kg and 81kg+. But it's just "if", we have to wait the results.

33 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It seems like :POL will be absent from OG in weightlifting for the first time since 1948 :facepalm:

A historical collapse of the sport which is still third in our medal table haul (only behind athletics and boxing).

Weronika will start tomorrow or when?

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Weronika will start tomorrow or when?

Yes, tomorrow at 11:00 am CET.

She is out of the Top 12 in rankings though (currently 16th) so she'd need to improve by minimum 5-6 kg to have a chance.