website statistics

GB Athletics

Further lineups for the Savona International Meeting on 15-May have been announced. Jeremiah Azu, Reece Prescod and Eugene Amo-Dadzie are scheduled to compete over 100m. Azu had a great run at the Kip Keino Classic last month but was denied an OQS and new PB by a +2.2m/s tailwind. Prescod and Amo-Dadzie have both gone under 10 seconds but not within the qualifying window.

Also looks like Josh Zeller is going in the 110m hurdles and Alastair Chalmers will go in the 400m hurdles.

A couple of meets taking place today:

Arkansas Twilight Meet :USA - Cindy Sember will be doing some speed work as she competes in the 100m. Jack Turner will be going in the 110m hurdles, pole vault and discus. 

Tom Tellez Meet, Texas :USA - Louie Hinchliffe will be looking to follow up his win at Penn Relays as he goes in the 100m.

UAE Athletics Grand Prix :UAE - Frustratingly can't find online presence for this meet but apparently, Josh Faulds, Kesi Oludoyi, Finette Agyepong, Leonie Ashmeade, Tommy Ramhan, Chris McAllister and Reynold Banigo are all taking part. 

Posted (edited)

Interested to see what Prescod does, even though he's always flattered to deceive. He's changed coach again, back to Jonas Dodoo. But he posted a clip of him relay training, which sends better messages on that front.

For what it's worth, he looks light and fast.

Most athletes with talent do get their moment, even if injury often makes that moment shorter than they expect, and I'm not sure RP has had his yet. 

Edited by Rich

New Discus PB of 45.75m for Jack Turner in Arkansas last night. He's added almost 1m to his best in this event so far in 2024 having competed 3 times and setting 2 new PBs. The only time he hasn't made it over 45m this year was in the decathlon at Mt. Sacs Relay.

At the same meet, Cindy Sember equaled her SB in the 100m with a time of 11.64.

36 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

New Discus PB of 45.75m for Jack Turner in Arkansas last night. He's added almost 1m to his best in this event so far in 2024 having competed 3 times and setting 2 new PBs. The only time he hasn't made it over 45m this year was in the decathlon at Mt. Sacs Relay.

At the same meet, Cindy Sember equaled her SB in the 100m with a time of 11.64.

Nice to see "Christmas" running well

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

I have no idea - BBC live stream not working

I think they've balls'd up their coverage. It was meant to be available on the website but it's not available online or on iPlayer. Thankfully it is on the red button

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I think they've balls'd up their coverage. It was meant to be available on the website but it's not available online or on iPlayer. Thankfully it is on the red button

🙄