website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Federer91 said:

@MHSN Do you have any TV links where to watch the morning sessions? I am fed up with the UWW site and their incompetent platforms.... 

sorry I wasn't online and missed the morning session 

if you check this guy, he covers everything, but sometimes switches between mats (and might now show the match you want)

https://vk.com/video/@sportwithoutborders

6 hours ago, Federer91 said:

@MHSN Do you have any TV links where to watch the morning sessions? I am fed up with the UWW site and their incompetent platforms.... 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

sorry I wasn't online and missed the morning session 

if you check this guy, he covers everything, but sometimes switches between mats (and might now show the match you want)

https://vk.com/video/@sportwithoutborders

https://vk.com/uwwrus - No Stepan and no switching between mats.

Turkey and Azerbaijan won most of the gold medals (half of it to be accurate)

but I think it was a strong tournament for Russia winning 8 medals. they were TERRIBLE in Belgrade winning only 1 medal in a non-Olympic weight but here they proved they are still the boss , this isn't even their best team in some weights. this 97kg guy Murtazaliev was very impressive. he is a 87kg wrestler who had to move up weight and wrestle here in a short notice because apparently UWW denied Musa Evloev's entry. and this guy almost beat the great Aleksanyan :mumble:

if they participate in Euro Qualifiers, Russia will have a good chance to grab some quotas. 

Sadulaev is officialy out. He was not allowed to visit Romania due to visa problem last moment.

Really good news.

At the same time UWW allowed so many pro-war atheltes to compete that it looks like a total farce.

One of them - Imam Ganishow (FS, 74 kg - is present in the draw-list of the European Championship) is reported to visit occupied territories of Ukraine to support russian soldiers. That is the real face of russian wrestling.

740d0666-aee4-4e27-bba0-27509fa483e0.webp

A special momet in women wrestling final 65 kg.

Iryna Koliadenko won gold for :UKR Ukraine and she beated another Ukrainian wrestler in the final.

Kateryna Zelenykh found a new home in Romania :ROU, her native city of Bakmut was totally destroyed by russians.

Our total result is good enough for this squad (:UKR 1 gold + 3 silver + 2 bronze) but it could be better.

Hope we will add 4 or 5 Olympic licenses to our only one won by Koliadenko in 62kg.