website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 hours ago, rajiv said:

Yeah like ethe wintersport schedule is such a big deal in an Australian January

Over half of singles games are 1st round-64 of 127- so it makes sense to spread them over 3 days (including a weekend day)

Of course it doesn't matter for them, i was talking about my personal viewing schedule (and for other people who want to watch multiple sports).

Anyone who thinks this isn't a cash grab is deluding themselves. They had no issues finishing round 1 on Monday-Tuesday for decades, especially in Australia, where there is no issue with rain. Waiting now to see, which GS will bring a Saturday start, so they have "3 full weekends".

On 1/12/2024 at 5:52 AM, hckošice said:

Alex Molčan not even making it to the Main Draw :dunno: Not even know If I have to cry or laugh... few years ago I heard everywhere, what a talent blah blah... even last year after beating Tsitsipas it was everywhere whoa, he is back, he is back, watch out whoa... yeah, my ass, talk me about shock/upset... I mean, let´s be real, who did not beat Tsitsipas last year ? lol.. now 2024 starts and Molčan can not even pass the qualifiers... I can´t sometimes with this country and its sport :d

Well, to be honest he won over 50 matches last year and still ended the year ranked number 6 despite multiple injuries :dunno:

And when they played each other Molcan was well rested, Tsitsipas played a long doubles match 30 minutes prior as well as a long singles match the day before while Molcan won 6-1 6-1 the day before.

13 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Well, to be honest he won over 50 matches last year and still ended the year ranked number 6 despite multiple injuries :dunno:

And when they played each other Molcan was well rested, Tsitsipas played a long doubles match 30 minutes prior as well as a long singles match the day before while Molcan won 6-1 6-1 the day before.

With major injury being badositis :d 

16 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Yeah, well, first. Molčan can not beat Tsitsipas even being rested , this is just simple physics, there is just a whole world between them two. So I do not take the argument rested etc... :d  It was at that part of the season if I remember correctly where Tsitsipas was losing basically every match he played, right ? I meant this in my post.

However it was not the point of the post at all. The point is Molčan being so overhyped here incomprehensibly and unjustifiably since I can´t even remember when and at thos date still showed nothing, literally can not even pass freaking qualification to a GS now... That´s all

All our hopes stays on Jamrichová though, let see in a couple of years

Edited by hckošice