website statistics

Football 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Fraud investigation going on around (among other things) the very, very questionable 2021 Ballon d'Or for Messi.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/soccer-football-news-psg-reportedly-lobbied-for-lionel-messi-ballon-dor-win-amid-ongoing-legal-investigation/

Watch out, it's not just very questionable, it's very very :lol: now i'm convinced, heywoodu. 

:AUS Sam Kerr likely to miss the 2024 Olympics, after rupturing her ACL during training with her club Chelsea. Australia’s hope of a first ever football Olympic medal just took a serious hit. 

Edited by Josh

How many trophies do they award per year ? I am starting to be lost with all the Ballon d´or, FIFA player of the year, Best player of the Year, it looks like every month there a player of the year award for Messi lately :d

Edited by hckošice

:SVK votes

Francesco Calzona ( :ITA ) Coach of :SVK : 1. Erling Haaland, 2. Kevin De Bruyne, 3. Bernardo Silva

Milan Škriniar  Captain of :SVK : 1. Lionel Messi, 2. Kylian MBappé, 3. Erling Haaland

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Štefan Tarkovič ( :SVK ) Coach of :KGZ : 1. Lionel Messi, 2. Erling Haaland, 3. Marcelo Brozovic

23 hours ago, hckošice said:

How many trophies do they award per year ? I am starting to be lost with all the Ballon d´or, FIFA player of the year, Best player of the Year, it looks like every month there a player of the year award for Messi lately :d

Also: did all the defenders retire from football or what? :lol:  

I had to Google Brozovic, but apparently he is a defensive midfielder, so that's something, but....same story every year with all the hundred awards, and people on the social media going "X scored Y goals, so he is better!" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!