website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Hopefully the Dutch bullet train will continue their winning streak in the men's teamsprint. But I'm afraid that Australia has now really become better than The Netherlands. The winner of this World Cup has a big mental advantage towards Paris.

53 minutes ago, Speedy said:

:POL also doesn't sent its team in men's sprint. Very odd decision. In last World cup :POL must finish higher than :CAN to secure place in this event in Paris.

Strange that the :POL men's team sprint aren't competing in Hong Kong - they were shown on the entry lists published at the end of February.

14 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Strange that the :POL men's team sprint aren't competing in Hong Kong - they were shown on the entry lists published at the end of February.

As I said. No funds.... Polish Cycling Federation has huge problems with money.  But we will be in Canada.

Well, I expected a defeat for the Dutch sprinters, but not that gap to Australia and a 9th place. Even no qualification for the second round. :facepalm:

Lavreysen slower than Richardson and Hoogland way slower than Glaetzer. 

53 minutes ago, CCB said:

Well, I expected a defeat for the Dutch sprinters, but not that gap to Australia and a 9th place. Even no qualification for the second round. :facepalm:

Lavreysen slower than Richardson and Hoogland way slower than Glaetzer. 

According to the start list, Lavreyson wasn't on the team. It was Hoogland, Kool and Van den Berg.

4 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

According to the start list, Lavreyson wasn't on the team. It was Hoogland, Kool and Van den Berg.

According to the start list, Lavreysen was on the team. On the detailed result page it turns out Lavreysen was replaced by Kool.

But still a bummer for the Dutch team. Even with Kool in the team, they really could have finish a 0.75 faster at least. According to Dutch media the last days the Dutch team really wanted to show Asutralia that they are still the number one. Therefore I don't understand that Lavreysen was replaced just before the start.

Well, let's see how fast the Australians can go. I predict 41.5/41.6 or so. 

Some nations skipping Hong Kong and others putting in B teams might really effect some close qualifications

Luckily for :IRL reaching the women’s team pursuit gold final guarantees they can’t be caught now and qualification is confirmed (by my calculations anyway!)

The field for the women's team pursuit is now set:

:CHN is the only team who could possibly change the dynamic but in reality they won't - they already have their 2 NC scores so the maximum points score they could now register is 7000 (but to do that, they would need to win the event in Milton) so...

:NZL :GBR :AUS :IRL and :ITA cannot now be caught and can therefore be regarded as qualified.

:CAN have an event in hand - need to compete in Milton and post a time to qualify.

:JPN have their 2 NC scores and in theory could be caught, but in reality, they won't be. 

:GER :USA both have an event in hand so assuming they compete in Milton and finish, they can't be caught. 

:FRA didn't compete in Adelaide or Hong Kong are still ahead of 11th placed China. Assuming they go to Milton and finish, they too will qualify.