website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

I know it was mentioned in parts, but here are the traded quotas based on the update.

Egypt (women’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s trap)

India (men’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s trap)

Italy (men’s 50m pistol to men’s 25m rapid fire pistol)

Kazakhstan (men’s trap to women’s trap)

South Korea (men’s 10m air pistol to women’s 10m air rifle)

Qatar (men’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s skeet)

Russia (women’s 10m air pistol to women’s skeet)

Slovenia (women’s 10m air pistol to women’s 10m air rifle)

Sweden (women’s 10m air rifle to men’s double trap)

Switzerland (women’s 10m air rifle to men’s 50m rifle 3 positions)

China and Germany also traded quotas, but they also declined a quota. Regardless China has lost an athlete quota in men’s 50m pistol and women’s 50m rifle 3 positions and gained an athlete quota in men’s 50m rifle prone. Similarly Germany lost quotas in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions and women’s 10m air rifle and gained an athlete quota in women’s 25m pistol.

Edited by JoshMartini007

10 hours ago, dcro said:

Bolivia, Pakistan, Oman and Malta got 2 wild cards??

I don't care if they are tripartite nations, getting two wild cards is like cheating!

Yes, they got 2 wildcards, but the NOCs must choose only one of them to compete at the Games. Then, the unused quota places will be returned to ISSF again for reallocation. 

Edited by MantaRaymarc

3 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Yes, they got 2 wildcards, but the NOCs must choose only one of them to compete at the Games. Then, the unused quota places will be returned to ISSF again for reallocation. 

No they don't need to return it. This is the final list, idk how you came up with that rule?

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

No they don't need to return it. This is the final list, idk how you came up with that rule?

Not a final list, it's still unofficial. ISSF makes rules on the system, not me, so the federation has the right to make some updates and some NOCs have not selected their shooters yet. It's not a magic trick. The final list will only be released, when ISSF has already published its own page for Rio 2016 and the Rio 2016 entries have become available on the website. 

Edited by MantaRaymarc

16 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Not a final list, it's still unofficial. ISSF makes rules on the system, not me, so the federation has the right to make some updates and some NOCs have not selected their shooters yet. It's not a magic trick. The final list will only be released, when ISSF has already published its own page for Rio 2016 and the Rio 2016 entries have become available on the website. 

Okay.

But what I don't understand is,, how you interpreted those 4 nations as having to give back one quota each.

3 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

I don't think they have to choose... Qualification says nothing about that, nor is that a case in any other wild card situation. Also, qualification document technically doesn't say how many wild cards can nation get.

It just seems like tripartite nations are being completely prioritized for this Olympic cycle. Remember, we had a similar situation in sailing where the tripartite quotas went to already qualified nations (instead of going to unqualified non-tripartite nations like in 2012...) And nobody assumed that Angola/Bermuda have to return something...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I don't think they have to choose... Qualification says nothing about that, nor is that a case in any other wild card situation. Also, qualification document technically doesn't say how many wild cards can nation get.

It just seems like tripartite nations are being completely prioritized for this Olympic cycle. Remember, we had a similar situation in sailing where the tripartite quotas went to already qualified nations (instead of going to unqualified non-tripartite nations like in 2012...) And nobody assumed that Angola/Bermuda have to return something...

The qualification said absolutely nothing about that. ISSF mentioned that 24 Tripartite Commission Invitation Places are available to eligible NOCs for the Shooting events in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Moreover, that case never happened at Olympic Games if the tripartite NOCs will send two shooters (one male and one female), which cannot be found in the document. Because of this, looks like the number of eligible NOCs is gradually decreasing as compared to London 2012. 

A road to Rio 2016 is much tougher than a road to London 2012.